netveda and download managers problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by clansman77, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

i am on dialup and download managers are essential for me to save money..recently i noticed that while using free download manager along with netveda i got all my downloads corrupted..so i investigated that further and i tried a different download manager ..actually 2 other download managers..i got all the downloads without any error but there was a problem.the last to download managers were not able to resume on stop a download and also they were capable of only creating one thread ..that is no multithreading .only single sections for a download..so i tried again downloading with netveda in paused mode and then the download managers were capable of resuming and multithreading..

btw i use avast as antivirus ..

so what could be the deal here??do i have to create any xtra rules?? any help is much appreciated..

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Hi Clansmann,

Have been using nothing but FDM, and never had any problems with NetVeda and never had any corrupted download, have you sent a mail to them as well as tried posting at FDM forum.

3. clansman77

thanks arup ,will try posting in the netveda forum.do you have any special rules??or is it out of the box??

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Clansmann, no special rule as such, just have block incoming enabled as well as block un-solicited connections. Apart from that the usual, have limited FDM to port 80.

5. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

FDM has some problems with download corruption. Head over to www.freedownloadmanager.org and find the boards. I don't think you'll get a lot of help though.
    Me thinks it's because of having too long a list of downloads. Try using a backup solution every so often to backup really important files like downloads.sav in FDM's folder.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  6. Arup

Arup Guest

no13,

I read all those posts about FDM and corrupted downloads, funny thing is that even after GBs of download, I am yet to find one corrupted d/l.

7. no13

nope... I don't have any corrupted d/ls since v 1.5 was out... but my download list gets washed ever so often.

8. clansman77

@no 13,arup
    thanks for the reply.but i think it is not fdms problem.it is something related to netveda.may be i did something wrong about the configuration while playing around.coz with fdm i can resume and multithreading is possible but at the end all downloads are corrupted.with other download managers resuming and multithreading is not possible but download is not corrupt at the end.when i pause netveda service everything is alright.i checked diff downloads but all are having the same problem.i have posted in the netveda forum and have sent an e-mail also.will let you guys know about that..

btw-the fdm site is -www.freedownloadmanager.org and a new version1.7 is out.i didnt had any problems previously..

9. no13

Yeah... wrong URL.
    thx for the new version info.... what's your Win version?
    tried using the net WITHOUT Netveda's services.... shut'em all down and try a small file. I remember how tough it was to experiment on dial-up... but do try it out once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.