Netscape, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 7?

Discussion in 'polls' started by gracie123, Jan 26, 2007.

?

Which browser do you like best?

1. Netscape

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Firefox

127 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. Internet Explorer

53 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. Opera, or another internet browser

62 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Use the big three, IE7, FF, and Opera, even used Opera as my default for eight months last year, but returned to FF. FF is simply easier to use. Opera has a lot of potential, but they have to make it easy to use for the masses, not just for the geeky "Wilders" types :D !

Acadia

2. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

SeaMonkey 1.1.1 here. I really like the Suite concept, probably since I cut my teeth on Netscape 2.0, then 3.04, then 4.x, then 7.x, then Mozilla and now SeaMonkey.

3. dr_black

dr_black Registered Member

SeaMonkey : )

4. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Opera, small foot print..not bloated like some others. Fast, choice of java or not. Opera need to be more to be more "Not for Geeks only, more mainstream, for the masses as Acadia says. Opera has a built in mail client and password manager too.

6. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

I like IE7, but I use OPERA since it's more secure.

7. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I've used Opera for just over three years (when I first got it you could still pay to register and get rid of the (small) advert!).

Interestingly enough I never realised that I was a geek before, it just seemed intuitive to me.

I have a copy of Firefox (with NoScript) as backup but haven't needed to use it yet. :thumb:

8. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Mainly Opera, but from time to time I use Firefox. Both are great browsers, you only need to know how they work.
    Opera on the other hand isn't difficult to use, I would rather say easy, however I've been using it since years now and paid for it with a smile. :)

9. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

First time I tried Opera, back when it came with ads, I ran Ad Muncher (which I've rediscovered). If I remember correctly, Ad Muncher removed those ads within my unregistered/unpaid Opera :)

10. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Firefox: Fast and it allows for near flawless downloads of trial applications and freeware/shareware.

11. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I'm an IE man myself. Have tried alternate browsers and found them too be too slow & unstable, and I personally think the notion of them being "safer" is extremely overrated. Properly configured browser settings + safe browsing habits makes it perfectly safe.

12. RootAccess

RootAccess Registered Member

FireFox w/ very few extensions.

IE if the website doesn't load properly and the website is trusted.

13. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I use IE7 most, however I do also like K-Meleon, Opera and Firefox, so I guess that pretty much covers 'em all.. :)

14. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Firefox with Noscripts most of the time. IE7 with sites that I trust - because for me it is a bit faster than Firefox. I would like to use opera but it doesn't work properly with Roboform or Web Research - two programs which are essential to me.

15. Dust Terminal

Dust Terminal Registered Member

Well i must say that for some odd reason i was very loyal to IE for years. Literally years. About 1-2 years ago i delved into firefox. Since that time i have been slowly learning alot about it. I tested speeds of the browsers (both) on various websites that i use.

Firefox is friendly. It was faster. It has many great extensions.

I used opera but i wasnt all that impressed. Maybe i will take another look but i am really liking FF

16. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

opera...better skins and way faster than fx.

17. Carver

Carver Registered Member

You just reminded me I want a new skin, "shadowguard" :cool:

18. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

19. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Started using ie6 and kept with for some years, then about a year or more firefox and ie7, another year for opera wich i loved, last couple of weeks k-meleon and now it's final: Firefox out of all those is the fastest and most stable browser for me. However i really hope they will increase the speed cause for me it can never be enough. Im a speedfreak! 24 megabit download here :cool:

20. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Safari 3 is fast and is performing well here,..some stats comparing FF2, ie7 and Opera at the above link.

Also a Gran Paradiso tester, FF3

21. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

yeah shadowguard is pretty good, but i could name 5 others that completely own any firefox skin.

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have Opera, Sea Monkey and IE 7 and They are in order of my preference. But at different time I will use them all. And I don't like FireFox at all, don't even have it installed.

bigc

23. interstate ron

interstate ron Registered Member

I just put on Opera last night and it is blazing fast. Now I don't know if I really need Firefox.

24. Davidpr

Davidpr Registered Member

IE 7. Quick, easy for family to use and works with every website I have visited without problems.

25. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

A few years ago I designed a website using Netscape Gold and had added music to one of the pages. I could not hear the music when viewing the site with Netscape. However, when I changed to the Internet Explorer browser I could; and while I enjoyed the Netscape browser I have continued with the Internet Exployer browser and most likely will not change to another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.