Netscape 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firecat, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I just tried Netscape 8, and I must say its great. Its two engines (Firefox and IE) feature is what I like most, and its quite secure too. I did notice some small glitches though (sometimes CPU usage suddenly shoots up to 100%). Anyone know about this?

Please post your opinions about this browser. :)

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I removed it from my machine for that very reason could not figure out the casue

3. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

I trialled it, but looked like a major resource hog and I experienced CPU Usage Spikes too often.
    Sticking with Firefox!

4. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Although I do not use this browser frequently .... I did install the 8.0.2 version recently. This version seems to perform reasonably well for me .... as compared to the original release of Netscape 8.0 which was loaded with problems and bugs.

HR :)

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am trying Opera at the momenrt and find it spikes when running for a while but when I lower it to the taskbar the memory resource drops incredibly!
    I don't think I should have to keep minimising a browser to cope with resources o_O

I was going to install Netscape to see if it was more efficient with memory until I searched and found this post :( does this apply to v8.3.3.0 also?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.