Netscape 8... Secure or not?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by gracie123, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi,

Well I'd like to download Netscape 8 because I see that it has a password manager type of thing where it remembers your login information for different websites and encrypts them. But however, on the license agreement I believe it is, I read that they will without permission collect "Anonymous" things. Since AOL which I believe owns Netscape is for say a "reliable" company, would you be concerned using Netscape 8 knowing they collect "Anonymous" information and such?

I'd appreciate everyone's opinion because I really like Netscape 8... the features and interface.

2. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Sorry for posting, I should of read the agreement over again before I posted. I am so sorry :(

You can delete this thread, I wanted to but I couldn't even though I went into "edit" and tried seeing where I could.

But I installed Netscape 8 and its running great. Although, very high MEM USAGE in "Windows Task Manager" I noticed. Up to almost 60K. But, I opted out of the browser sending anonymous information.

- Gracie

3. Trekk

Trekk Registered Member

Hi Gracie,

I wouldnt keep any information such as passwords, account numbers etc on my computer. This is the same as writing them down which is a Network Admins worst nightmare. Passwords should only be written down in one place, your head.

Take Care :)

Trekk

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I just use Firefox... and have lots of security softwares installed. I tried the others but I felt anxious using different browsers... for one some are very slow on my pc and I felt not protected. So I am using only Firefox... and as long as it's up to date I think this is secure than the others. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.