NETBOZ

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by snowy, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

Posted as educational reading

http://www.netboz.net

Netboz boots from a CD, making a firewall of any Pentium© class PC

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi snowman! What a gem! If it works with Pentium, will it work with Celeron? I bookmarked those sites. Can it work in tandem with my other firewall? I have a lot of questions but I'll check those sites out more thoroughly when I have more time. Thank you, snowman! :)

3. snowman

snowman Guest

Prince

you are most welcome......do let us know what you think...at the time I was rushing an un-able to fully read all the FAQs.......

snowman

4. root

root Registered Member

Uh, this is for Linux, right? o_O

5. snowy

snowy Guest

ROOT

WINDOWS (ALL)

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/security/fwfirewall.shtml

snowman

6. German

German Guest

NetBoz is live-CD. The OS doesn't matters. Just burn and play it.

7. Prince_Serendip

Whew! Took 2 and 1/2 hours to download! I've got it. Now, just have to "decipher" the Manual Instructions and I can get it started. WebAttack did say that this firewall was not for your average at-home user! They weren't kidding.

To snowman: Remember the "doberman" I spoke to you about? It looks like NetBoz can do that! It would work on that old system you have, turning it into a firewall. Once I get this thing set up, I'll be able to tell you more.

8. snowy

snowy Guest

Prince

much looking forward to your opinion of this program.....tryed to DL it three times..(on cable)...it started out at 94 bks.....an in less than 2 minutes dropped to 9 bks.......would have taken near five hours to dl......something must be wrong with their server.....on another dl I did today...near the same time frame...got 50 kbs.......

yes I recall our discussion....in fact that influenced the post.......are you going to install this on your main computer or another...then network ?

snowman

9. Prince_Serendip

Hi snowman! You mean for once DSL is faster than cable on a download? That's interesting! To answer your question, I'll be putting it on the main computer if and only if I can get everything setup properly. Some fussy bits to take care of, like BIOS. The instructions assume that I have half a clue, which I don't usually. Wish me luck! I'll need it! ;)

10. snowman

snowman Guest

Prince

sure you have the knowledge...just check your mail

11. snowman

snowman Guest

Prince

hey...whatcha mean...don't have the knowledge....this is the is the wild wonderful wacky world of wilders where there is never a lack of knowledge........where the members are never "out knowledged" .....

12. snowman

snowman Guest

MyNet

John I referred your name to Prince....as possibly someone who can assist him in another computer matter...hope you don't mind....

oh..your posted link does not work......

a good one to you friend

13. Any of us would be glad to help if we can. :) Do I have to get out my sliderule?? :p :p :p :p

14. Prince_Serendip

Sliderules? Haven't used one since highschool. Actually, if snowman will forgive me, your link doth work fine. I was exaggerating when I said I was clueless. It just seems that whenever I think I have my "magic box" figured out, I find something even more mysterious. I am always learning! (A lot of it is in solo flights.) So, if you have any hints, tips or advice, it will be much appreciated and honored. ;)

15. snowy

snowy Guest

Prince

MyNET was the person I referred to you regarding the other matter (wincap).....also which I provided the url.

ok I just downloaded this silly looking wanna be a firewall...got the manual to.....now Prince how in heck did you get the KEY.......all I get is a page with the KEY printed on it...........what good is that !!! an I suppose to copy and save that o_O? my printer is the worse spy I ever came upon an not installed!!!

16. . Actually, if snowman will forgive me, your link doth work fine.

Ahhhhhhh..
    But it did not..and without his help I would not have gone in there and edited ;-) so it now seems I am all fixed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.