netbook not responding

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Devvo, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devvo

Devvo Registered Member

help please. downloaded nod32 anti v 4.2 for my asus eeepc 1005p and it basically froze it. i did a recovery and downloaded it again and it all seemed fine so i shut it down. later on in the day i turned the system back on and it loaded up and got to the desktop screen and i can see the cursor and move it but when i move it down to the tool bar on the bottom of the screen it comes up with the (blue spinning circle thinking deal) and it been like that for about 2 hours. is it doing a full system scan or is it stuffed? help please

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ESET default setting is to rescan when you get an update - I have noticed on my wife's asus netbook that this kills the machine's performance. You have to turn off that option or everytime you power up the machine, or resume it from standby, once it gets an update from ESET, you can't use it until the scan finishes.

It does seem like this performance hit is much worse lately.

I would like to see ESET have a number of "default intallation scenarios" - so that a netbook installation can have the re-scan turned OFF after definition update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.