NET FRAMEWORK >unkown account?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tom772, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom772

tom772 Guest

hi, I recently came across an account in the Net Framework part of Windows, titled as ''Account Unknown (S-1-18]''(<--something like this), this was however while I was in safe mode. Im not sure if this should be there or i should be worried? A

Would really like any info on Windows NET FRAMEWORK, and what accounts should be running.

Thanks for any advice,

T

2. tom772

tom772 Guest

hi again, i recently just found this link-->

http://www.mcse.ms/message1190269.html

Other known, unknown accounts:
    S-1-5-32-549 = Server Operators S-1-5-32-550 = Printer Operators

In this link it describes two uknown accounts. The account i have is the server one. Does anyone knowif this is normal on WinXP Home Edition. T

3. tom772

tom772 Guest

Turns out that this is normal. This is some of the info i have found.

Well-Known Security Identifiers

A security identifier (SID) is a unique value of variable length that is used to identify a security principal or security group in Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Microsoft® Windows NT®. Well-known SIDs are a group of SIDs that identify generic users or generic groups. Their values remain constant. Table E.1 is a list of all SIDs in this category.

The Unknown Account i had was the following>

S-1-5-32-547/549 Power Users A built-in group. By default, the group has no members. This group does not exist on domain controllers.

T;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.