Nero Media Home 4 setup within Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SecureSec, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecureSec

SecureSec Registered Member

Hello

I stream from Nero MediaHome 4 to my PS3 and since installing Eset SS I have not been able to sucessfully stream. I checked the advanced settings for IDS and Upnp but no joy. It will only work if I disable the ESS personal FWall. However will run with Windows firewall.

Is anyone aware of a rule which I can add to get the devices talking to each other? Nero has been an excellent streamer and I would rather use the Windows firewall and have that working than ESS's offering. Saying that the ESS firewall will no doubt be a better product, I just wish I could get it working within my trusted zone.

I have also tried learning mode and interactive mode and no prompts! Add this to nothing in the log (yes I have turned it on) and nada!

All help much appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. SecureSec

SecureSec Registered Member

Hello Cudni

Thanks for the input.

No I haven't tried that because AV components do not seem to interfere with the media server, but the firewall does! When I turn off the firewall it works, with the AV web protection on.

I'm sure this is a firewall setting.

If I can I would rather leave the web protection on because on a PC browsing the Internet (doubling as media server), thats where most of the threats are coming from.

4. dproff

dproff Registered Member

I'm having this same experience with Playon media server streaming Hulu programming and I opened an ESET case. So far today, I've seen no response at all so tonight I'm going back to Windows firewall to see if it fixes the problem.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v4.2 was just released into production earlier today.

Can you please let us know if installing it solves the problem?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.