NeoTracePro 3.25 pings Michigan every time why?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Richard Head, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Head

Richard Head Registered Member

this is my first post so I apologuise if there is some other place here better to ask this question anyway I have Neotracepro 3.25 and occasionally I will trace an IP and recently I noticed a ping going straight to Michigan near the big lake it does this on every trace. I am assuming every email I send is also going there and who knows what else but it never did this before and I did a whois on the node it is a private network behind a router (just like me) and thats all I can find out I ran every spyware virus program I own and its still there what is this it bugs the hell out of me?? (btw I asked my isp and they have no clue either) thanks

2. beads

beads Registered Member

It would help if you could be a little more specific than "Michigan" near the big lake (Superior is the largest and deepest lake) the other three that Michigan touches aren't exactly small either.

Is there a particular IP address or block that comes up? An ISP? Web site? Someone's home xDSL line? Does NeoTracePro test something for connectivity first, as if to "phone-home"? Not familiar with the product but the board could use a bit more information before hazarding a guess.

Likewise, if you have scanned for the usual baddies out there on this machine, have you tried this software on another machine and received the same results?

o_O

- beads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.