NeoavaGuard - I need help to download

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I try hard to find installation file of NeoavaGuard...and I noticed that all links are "dead". Can anyone help and point some active link?

2. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

Probably this -http://neoava.blogspot.com/-

I think you will get the download link at 'Smokey's Security Forums', but in order to download it you will have to register to their forums.

3. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks datarishik :thumb:
    All links I found are inactive...unfortunately the same on Smokey's Forum even after my registration. It's a pity...I've made a huge willingness :doubt:

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t think it,s worth using now.

5. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

Hi ichito,

Many HIPS programs including Neovaguard have more or less become obsolete now, and probably, you wouldn't find them on download sites. In this scenario, your best bet would be to pm your request to some members who you think might have it. At this moment I can think of at least four members who could be of help to you: kareldjag, Smokey, aigle, and bellgamin. Pm your request to the aforementioned members and see if you get what you are looking for.

It sounds to me that you are a HIPS enthusiast. If that is the case, I recommend that you have a look at this website:-http://kareldjag.over-blog.com/- ( an excellent resource for all kinds of HIPS software ).

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Both his websites I know of are down and the prog is not developped since about late 2007 afaik. However you may find him somewhere else (linkedin?). You could also try via this website: http://www.armannayyeri.com/ (possibily you need a translator, the site is in Iranian/Arab). I lost contact with Arman years ago.
    You can also try Mike Nash (tallemu), I remember we were in contact about Arman's program those days.

Gerard

7. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the information and instruktions :) Actually I really like HIPS/BB/other monitors and from about 2 years trying to install them and learn how they work and I try even those abandoned :) About many of them I just read something more here and recently about NG which I first heard several months ago on the "Security Overflow" :)
    Regards...ichito

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I tried but got no traces of it on my backup disk.

9. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

hi,
    Sorry no time and interests for file exchange...but the Neovaguard installer can be found on a download site (2 mn of google search)...euh unfortunately out of the T.O.S (hosting of defense tools but also attack/unwanted tools).
    Then i only link to a google search:
    http://www.google.fr/search?client=...rceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

This kind of HIPS (System Expert HIPS) requires a solid knowledge of Windows and malwares behaviour in order to distinguish suspicious activities from usual events (this helps to remember that the user is the most important part od the security process).
    Even not accurate regarding the nomenclature, the only up to date list of HIPS can be found on techsupportalert site.

rgds

10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks kareldjag...I have found it and will install in the near future. I have used MD, SSM, NetChina, A-SE, GSS, R-TD and maybe it's enough to try NG.
    Regards

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

nice list chito;) :thumb:

12. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks jmonge and LODBROK...I also have plans to ViGuard but all in the right time :)

13. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Try looking for your original source in archive.org. I've found many older downloads available there, if you have an original link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.