Neoava Guard HIPS update

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

So did anyone send him any suggestions about the GUI? I think it´s a bad sign that´s it´s not resizable. To be honest I´m not sure why he needed to completely redesign the GUI, the old one was OK, it just needed some more polishing. But there are also some new features coming up, so maybe a new GUI was needed anyway. I sure hope that the ability to remove useless "rules" has been added, this was the biggest "flaw" in the program. ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

3. korb

korb Registered Member

it already mid march,can't wait to test it.i guess it will not be ready untill apr. :rolleyes:

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Any news?

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

First public Beta/Realease (?) is planned for May as a lot of working is to do regarding the GUI.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I suspect it to be more late. Current GUI is show stopper for me.

7. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Neova Guard 1 Beta 3 is ready for testing. More Info and download here.

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

My first impression isn´t really a good one, I really wonder why the developer has put so much time into changing the GUI, it does look a bit better, but it´s not real handy. First of all you can´t even resize it (at least not vertically) and secondly, at the moment I´m not real happy about the new style of configuration, ("Rules" are divided into sections) but I guess I have to get used to it.

Also, it seems to conflict on my VM with SSM and Sandboxie. If these things can be fixed I might consider to install it as a second HIPS on my machine, because it does have some features that SSM doesn´t have. But I had expected to see more new features and a better GUI, especially if you think about the time the developer has spent to develop this version. But I still think it´s an impressive tool, don´t get me wrong, I just hope that it will become a lot better.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.