Neoava Guard Beta 2 Test is starting

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tommy, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Just want to inform you folks that the Beta test for the new Neova Guard has started today.

Arman has done so far a imazing job. Her a very short list of some changes:

- Make a difference between Services and Drivers
    - few bugs that triggered BSOD corrected
    - the GUI bug when reading applications list corrected
    - execution prevention added
    - setup auto-configuration added
    - partition table protection added
    - changes made to parent-child process access inherit
    - driver file modification protection
    - protecting user-mode from loading drivers directly
    - write access to Physical memory protection

The GUI will be changed later, for now we are only testing the functions.

My first impression is more than good. Uses less than 3 MB memory, no PC slowdown, and very very powerfull. This will be a alternative to the well know HIPS. Keep you informed.

More Info on Amans blog.
    http://neoava.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Re: Neoava Gurad Beta 2 Test is starting

Hi Tommy,

Just receveid the answer from Arman to let me post here about beta 2 but you precede me ;)

Only one thing to add is this beta is private (arman said me that i was the last one :p )

The product is very stable, very powerfull like tommy said and filters many functions that i never seen in any other HIPS

Thanks Arman for your job and Tommy for your post

Cheers,

MaB

EDIT : Tommy gives you the blog URL and i give you the site URL : http://www.neoava.com/

3. arman

arman Registered Member

thanks,

if anyone does have any question regarding NG, I'm ready to answer them.

BTW, there is some more changes in beta 2, I'm making a list and will post it in neoava blog.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Very nice, now only the GUI has to be changed (and in the future maybe a bit more features), it´s still one of my favorites HIPS, thanks for all the work Arman! :thumb:

5. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Is it going to still have the fullscreen alerts or are they just pop-ups now? The fullscreen froze my computer a few times.

6. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

IMHO the alert window will be a windowed one when the new GUI is finished. The next beta will also have some nice new features :thumb:

7. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Public Tets has started.
    From Aman's Blogg
    Comments:
    1. Be patient during the install, applying your configuartion could take a while as NG is scanning your whole disc during the install.
    2. It could be advisable to disable FW, other HIPS, etc. during the install
    3. The GUI will completly change after the essential function of Neoava Guard will be stable, so don't post GUI advices, etc. For now some parts of the the GUI are slow as the 'executable options table', those improvements will come later with the new GUI.

Download page: http://www.neoava.com/download.htm

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  8. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Thanks Tommy for the good news and an another comment :

Beware to not erase all the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\IDT by using a registry cleaner because this keys are used by NG

9. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Wow! The new Beta is using only 3MB of memory. I am impressed. I love simple GUI which don't eat memory.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t like its full screen pop ups at all, that look so weired.

11. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

That will also be changed when Aman is doing the new GUI.

12. songq

songq Registered Member

In executable option,how to remove an item from the list,when i uninstall or delete it?

13. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

In the moment you can't. There will be a cleanup feature in one of the next versions.

14. arman

arman Registered Member

thanks tommy,

sorry, I was busy, but it seems like tommy answered all questions well.

actually the GUI change will make the NG more functional and user-friendly, you will see it in the next version;)

15. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

WARNING

The Protect My Files Feature in this product does NOT WORK

I protected My Documents (Win XP SP2 from Open read write delete and Notify. Then went to BufferZone Web site which has a vulnerability test. Neoava Guard failed miserably all the contents of My Documents were Identified.

The one piece of software that caused the vulnerability test to fail was Hide My Files.

Perhaps the Arman might want to respond to this. I have reported it on his Web Site. NOT A GOOD START

Terry

16. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Well, lets see if anyone can confirm this "WARNING!"

17. Rasheed187

@ TerryWood, I believe you´re right, this feature does not seem to work correctly, it does not always seem to be able to protect folder and files, and one time when it did, it made my (virtual)OS unbootable. Of course this was my own fault but there should be a warning. I´m sure that this feature will be improved in the next version.

But keep in mind, the other features seem to be working perfectly so NG Beta 2 is still a very powerful tool. ;)

18. TerryWood

Thanks Rasheed for your supportive commentary

I just maybe thought I was acquiring pariah status (Just a momentary thought)

Regards

Terry

19. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That is interesting Tommy about the scanning. I mentioned that in the ProSecurity thread that could perhaps be a pre scan when installing HIPS or other security apps and got blown out of the water for suggesting such a stupid thing, now an hour later it is something that is being attempted. Look forward to seeing its success.

20. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I just tried this this test and Neoava Guard passed with a popup of Allow or Deny. I clicked Deny and it terminated access. Also, I put My Documents in My Protected Files.

Rick

21. Rasheed187

Hmmm, I have tested it a bit more and it does seem to be able to correctly prevent access to your "Protected Files". :blink:

@ TerryWood, did you enable "User Protected Files" in the "Advanced Filters" section?

22. Rasheed187

TerryWood, are you still there? I would like to know if it was perhaps a configuration problem. ;)

But I have to say that I can´t wait for the new version which will have a new GUI, it really needs an overhaul, certain things are starting to bug me. Can´t believe that I can not remove useless rules. But no complaints about its performance, when it comes to intercepting stuff, though. :thumb:

23. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Arman is working on new GUI, as posted at his blog, it should be out soon.

http://neoava.blogspot.com/

Yes. performance and effectiveness is very very good.

Rick

24. TerryWood

To Rasheed

Sorry I did not come back sooner. Yes I did enable user protected files.

I actually uninstalled Neoava Guard because it started conflicting with Sandboxie and Geswall (Not at the same time), and as has been observed above N/G needs a lot more work.

Frankly, when a developer does not respond to queries ......... its already a tough game in this sector. There are other products out there where developers show more interest in their users.

Finally, the likes of techsupportalert are removing the mystique (if I may put it that way) out of this security software sector, and judging by the latest reviews a lot of red faces amongst some of the supposedly leaders in this sector.

As I said its a tough game

Terry

25. Rasheed187

Yes I can understand you, I´m often also quick to judge an app, and if something does not work correctly and you get no response from the developer I can imagine that you prefer to use other products at the moment. I think at the moment Arman is very busy working on the new GUI so that´s why he´s probably not responding, so let´s hope V2 will not have any serious problems.

And yes it´s nice to see that these HIPS tools get tested a bit more nowadays, I hope Neoava will also be tested by experts soon. I´m sure it´s not perfect, but based upon my own tests it´s IMO a whole lot better than some of the other HIPS out there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.