Needed enhancements

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by enduser999, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I have two clients using the Net Admin module on two Windows servers. They do not have a full time IT person. I was in one of their locations the other day on a hardware matter and discovered that since the server took a component update but required a reboot that it had not fed updates to the workstations for over 2 weeks. As well the end users seen no notifications that their signature updates were out of date. This is like playing Russian Roulette these days with my clients. Hopefully their equipment has not become infected due to this programming "feature" in the Admin Pak.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's why we always recommend to turn off automatic program updates on a computer that creates a local mirror. BTW, your quesry should have gone to the v2 forum, not ESS beta.

3. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Sorry should of posted the above message in "NOD32 Antivirus Beta Forum". I already found out about this unknown problem and was told to post my request for a suggestion in the NOD32 beta forum to at least notify the end user that their definitions are way out of date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.