Need user friendly imaging and backup tool for Windows 7 and 8

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I have been away form Wilders for some years. I had a lot of security software on my old system. I also used imaging and backup tool.

For backup of data partition I used Karens Replicator. For imaging of OS partition (XP) I used Terabytes BootIt NG.

Im not sure what to use now. I want something reliable and userfriendly. Speed does not matter. Easy to use is more important. Imaging tool is important so I can pay for it. For normal backup software I prefer free.

I found BootIt NG reliable. Not very userfriendly. For disc mgmt and partition tool I think it was the opposite of userfriendly. I dont know how Terabytes products are today, but I see some info here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=305838

33 pages. Will read it as soon as I can.

2. guest

guest Guest

Re: Need userfriendly imaging and backup tool for Windows 7 and 8

Imaging --> Macrium Reflect or AX64 Time Machine.

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Macrium Reflect Free for imaging. Areca Backup (free) for data files backup.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

EaseUS Todo Backup Free

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

tepe2 I still use Karen's Replicator on my XP machine for data backup. It's never failed me yet :)

6. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thank you guys

Image tool: I will have to read a lot to find out how they work. And what is the difference between Terabytes tools and other. I dont want anything that involve a cd or a dvd.

I know Terabytes tools are reliable. But does anyone know if Macrium Reflect or AX64 Time Machine is more userfriendly?

Backup tool: Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a look at them. I just need something simple and free. Not sure if I need compression. I will backup data partition to external drive and maybe usb stick.

7. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

8. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

AX64 is very user friendly,,,,,,it was designed to be a very easy to use and a very reliable program,,,,,,and it is. Also, the developer provides the best tech support I have yet to encounter. Give it a try, you will be pleased you did.

PS: there is a very active thread about AX64 on this forum. If you have any questions about the program that would be a good place to post them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.