Need Tweaking Suggestions for a Few AVs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brandonn2010, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I've noticed most AVs work better if a few changes to their settings are made. On my website I've decided to mention some tweaks.

I've got some for Avast! such as enabling PUP detection, and setting heuristics to high, since it seems to improve detection without a big change in false positives. I also put to enable heuristics in Roboscan.

I also need some for Panda Cloud, Avira, and AVG. Could someone tell me some tweaks for those? Thanks.

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Maximum protection -> tick all check boxes that relate to higher detection.

Better performance -> tick all the check boxes that relate to higher performance.

Other then that, its all personal choice. :shifty:

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Generally speaking, most AVs want to know on scan if recommended actions should be taken, or if the user should decide. This seems to always be a dilemma, i.e. who is being served, the inexperienced user, or the experienced user? Taking recommended action automatically can lead to unfortunate results if false positives are encountered, and conversely, if a user lacking knowledge is expected to make decisions, bad things can also happen. On my computers, I always opt for being notified only, prompted for an action.

4. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I get over this problem by adding system32 to my antivirus quarantine. That way its safe and no Waldemar can get to it :thumb: :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.