Need to Raise Laptop

Discussion in 'hardware' started by whitedragon551, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have a predicament. I purchased a Steelseries Apex gaming keyboard.

I use it with my Sager laptop, 3 channel Logitech speakers, and Dell 24" monitor on the desk. The desk is 39.5" wide.

The keyboard is 22" wide. I need to raise the laptop up atleast 5" and have something wide enough to fit the widest part of the keyboard under it (22") so I can get both on the top of the desk. I do have a keyboard tray, but its not wide enough to fit the keyboard and mouse on the same platform.

The desk is 17.5" deep so the laptop riser and the keyboard will over lap by about 4".

I have looked at monitor risers, but none of them have the required width or height under neath for a keyboard. Ive also looked at metal wire racking you would use in cupboards and purchased one. It is actually the perfect height, but not wide enough to fit the keyboard between the legs.

Cosmetics and price are important. I dont want to spend more than $40-$50, but I dont want to build something and have it look like garbage either.

Anyone have any creative ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.