need support for True Image enterprise edition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ansori, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansori

ansori Registered Member

Hi,
    We are using True Image Enterprise edition Ver 8.0 build 1,213

I am new to this software & i need some clarifications.

1.I have a Windows 2003 domain server & all the nodes are connected to this Domain. Clients have Windows XP machines.

2.I want to take backup of all the clients including windows(Along with stratup CD). I need your support on how to accomplish this What are the steps i should follow. I found 2 directories in the server under program files (Trueimageconsole & Trueimageenterprise). Please say me i have to go in to which directory & execute what file.

3.Also i want to inform you that all the clients have SCSI HDD & some controller cards for AUDIO transmission. I would like to know if i take the full back & restore it when the event of failure. Do those drivers will be copied to the machine along with the configuration?

Please give me your comments.

Awaiting for your early reply.

Regards
    Ansari

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ansori,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

First, please let me describe how Acronis True Image technology works. Acronis True Image Home creates a sector-by-sector snapshot of the disk, which includes the operating system, registry, drivers, software applications and data files, as well as system areas hidden from the user. This procedure is called “creating a disk image,” and the resulting backup archive is often called a disk/partition image. For details please see this post.

As for the procedure of image creation, you can find the detailed instructions on how perform this procedure in Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide.

Generally, in order to back up/restore remote computer(s) you should connect to it via Acronis True Image Management Console. On the remote computer Acronis True Image Agent should be installed. To run Acronis True Image Management Console, select Start > Programs > Acronis > True Image > Acronis True Image Management Console. You can also use executable file in \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageConsole folder to start it.

To back up/restore local server one could use local version of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server. To run Acronis True Image on a local computer, select Start > Programs > Acronis > True Image > Acronis True Image Enterprise Server or click on the appropriate shortcut on the desktop. The executable file of the local version is located in \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEnterprise folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. ansori

ansori Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt response.
    Assume my PC has a 80GB HDD & i took a image from that HDD & now i have removed my OLD HDD & replaced with a new one of 100GB. Will the image get restored on this new HDD or else it should be of the same size (80GB)

4. Acronis Support

Hello ansori,

Please notice that you can resize partitions during the restore procedure. Please see the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. ansori

ansori Registered Member

Hi,
    Today for testing purpose i connected an External USB HDD to my PC. I tried both restoring the image from a backup which i took already & even did a Disk cloning, but both didnt work(Note: Both opeartions were successful). I disabled my Internal HDD & made the external HDD as the boot device from the BIOS menu. It tries to boot but after some time it restarts by itself.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.

Regards
    Ansari

6. Acronis Support

Hello ansori,

Please be aware that current Windows operating systems are incapable of booting form external drives.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.