Need some help for dedicated server

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by adz, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adz

adz Registered Member

Hello, i was just wondering why my friend's can't see my in game server on Counter-Strike, is there a way to enable so my friends can join my counter-strike server?

Even if they type the command 'connect myip' they still can't join?

I'm Using Eset Smart Security 5

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try switching firewall to learning mode for a while. In automatic mode with exceptions you can enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup so that you'll see the reason for blocking particular connection attempts in your firewall log.

3. adz

adz Registered Member

Hello thank you for your reply, i am new to this is there a easy way for people to join my game server? do you think its the firewall blocking people seeing my server?

4. Marcos

Do you mean that disabling ESS firewall on your computer (assumingly running the server) does not make any difference and only users with ESS installed have problems connecting to it?

5. adz

adz Registered Member

well i really don't wanna touch my secuity settings, i still want to keep my firewall on, i know if i do disable my firewall, yes they can join but its to risky. so i guess there isn't any other way?

6. Marcos

As I suggested before, switch your ESS firewall to learning mode for a while so that the necessary rules are created automatically. If necessary, you can adjust the rules later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.