Need some advice...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tomsvice, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomsvice

Tomsvice Registered Member

Hello,

My KIS 2009 has just expired. I am currently using the ZoneAlarm Extreme Beta for a little while until I make my final purchase decision.

My machine is a HP laptop Centrino Duo 1.5 ghz with 4gb RAM running Vista 32 bit operating system. I am normally behind a D-Link router.

Misc. software at present:

Full paid version of A-Squared (running all the time)
    Full paid version of WinPatrol (running all the time)

Free version of Threatfire (running all the time)
    Free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware (scan on demand)

KIS 2009 ran fine with this combo. Should I just go with KIS 2010? Or is there a better product that may provide some protection that is not offered with the above software and KIS 2010?

Also, is there anything mentioned this is simply overkill or redundant?

Today (1/31/2010) I have found the following "deals" if you will for 3 PC setups.

KIS 2010 3 PC for around $32 at a couple of places.
    NIS 2010 3 PC for $30
    Symantic 360 3.0 with a 2 year license & 3 PCs for $42

I like the Zone Alarm Extreme quite a bit so far; but it doesn't seem that they are particularly price competitive with the above.

The Eset Security Suite looks nice as well, but seems pretty pricey for 3 PCs.

McAfee is pretty cheap, but the reviews appear mixed.

Panda Global protection sounds okay, but not sure of their track record.

The Outpost Suite is affordable, but I understand their A/V leaves a bit to be desired.

In any event, any suggestions or perhaps better $$$ "deals" that I'm not aware of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Tomsvice, before this one turns into an A vs B thread, perhaps a review of Posting Policy Statement - Antivirus Software is in order. There is enough posted information on every available AV program here at Wilders to make an informed decision. Spend the time searching and you'll come up with an answer. You are always welcome to ask any specific question about any specific AV program. This thread is closed.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.