Need serious help cleaning computer

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by sbplaya, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbplaya

sbplaya Registered Member

I need some serious help cleaning my computer. I can't use the internet at all. I can go to a website if I type in the exact name, but can't search, and all links I click on lead no where.
    Also getting many pop ups and warnings about spyware.

Please help me as soon as possible. My kids and I need to use this computer on a daily basis for homework, and work.

Thanks!

2. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

Try Super Anti Spyware, it's probably the best all around spyware cleaner at the moment. Whatever you do don't fall for the popups you are getting.

superantispyware.com the free version cleans just as well as the paid

3. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Agreed. I have suggested this to others in your situation, and have had great success. Here is the link and a screenshot just so you know you are not being misdirected.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Attached Files:

4. sbplaya

ok, i did a quick scan and 2 complete scans, and quarantined all found. What else should I do?

5. sbplaya

I thought there used to be a section on here that gave a whole list of steps to go through. Is that still available? Or is this one program supposed to fix everything? All help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

6. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

7. sbplaya

now I have a new problem. Every time I go to a website, it changes the website to " website name.ezcoolpages.com"

not cool :cool:

I hope you guys were not tricking me.

8. sbplaya

when it reboots after the quarantine, my computer has an error.

"Error loading c:\windows\system32\cvppvjvh.dll"

9. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Hi sbplaya. Nobody's tricking you. I suggest you post a hijackthis log here. You seem to have Vundo and a browser hijacker.

thanatos

10. sbplaya

I don't have hijack this on my computer, and I don't think I can download it since the browser always goes to a different website than the one that I type in.

11. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You definitely need one on one cleaning assistance rather than trying different tools or other suggestions that you may get here, so, please continue either at Bleeping Computer, or one of the other forums that specialize in spyware cleaning, as mentioned in our announcement thread (also linked above).

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

When the problem is as bad as you've described, it's better to get direct help (from start to finish) at a forum that specializes in spyware cleaning, rather than trying different partial solutions and tools that might end up masking the problem, making it harder for them to help you get it fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.