need recover help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rcbmrb, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

ffyi the kingston is flash that I use for quicken backup it is easier re my disability to leave hooked up but will remove as needed

please take all the time you wish I am in no hurry and I'm sorry to be so anal and truly appreeciate your help I am learning a great deal

I am feeling very confident now with your revised instructions and am very close to fixing this situation again thank you so much

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thank you for the attachment posting. Your attachment matches mine. You are "good to go" to perform the instructions listed in post #24.
    During the restore, remove the flash drive so as to remove any drive letter confusion. You can re-insert after the restore has been successful.

Is is not necessary now to post the contents of boot.ini file but listed below is how to do it:

1. Open the Microsoft program "Notepad" located in the Start/program/accessories menu.
    2. Click File; click the open option
    3. Type in C:\boot.ini and click the "open" button.
    4. Copy its contents into the clipboard for future posting.

----------------------------------------------------

3. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Grover

One last thank you today is the day so glad for your help

4. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Grover,

I got as far as figure 11 and there is a difference so I wanted to recheck with you

under operation 1 & 2 the size is 26.7 on both

5. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Grover,

As I review figure 8 might be problem your screen different then mine I show 1 column only the one on left

6. GroverH

Figure 8

When you arrive at the Size & Position screen (figure-eight), the values on your screen should be those illustrated in the "before adjustments" column.

You must change your values to match those shown in the "after adjustments" column before moving to figure 9.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  7. GroverH

On figure 11,
    Operation 1 is the deletion. The size I believe it to be is 26.72 gb

Operation 2 in the pdf could have a typing error. The size I am expecting it to the size of the unallocated space being enlarged to the full disk size.
    In other words, I believe operation 2 should be as listed on the next line.
    271.28 gb - > - 298.1 GB

If the 298.1 is not that figure, what is the exact figure that you see.
    Write down the words so I know exactly what you are seeing.
    you have the real thing in front of you where I had to project what you would be seeing.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  8. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

grover,

So close yet so far away will get what you asked for a be back

9. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Grover,

I am happy to reort you are now free of me everything went perfect restore is a success.

Thank you so much for your help and the great learning process

10. GroverH

You're more than welcome. I'm glad it went well. Most of the time, once a task has been completed, we realize we imagined the task as bigger than it really was.

This forum is all about trying to help others find solutions to their computer problems. If others had not helped me, I could not help you. All of us were newbies once and at age 77, I am still learning every day. Whatever time you have for reading, you can learn much from reading the various postings. There is something to be learned from almost every one. Now, your first chore is to make a new full backup since your computer has changed its characteristics.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.