Need quick help for renewal problem!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by angus49, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angus49

angus49 Registered Member

I am using NOD3 and just got a pop-up to remind me my renewal is due in 4 days. Clicked the link, went to the site, clicked renewal tab and then filled in my assigned user name and the email address I used when I purchased. Every time I try to submit I get an error, saying my email address should read someone@somewhere.com. My email address is a Road Runner account and is xxx.rr.com. The site refuses to accept this. What do I do now to renew before my subscription runs out and I have to pay full price againo_O

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

to renew these days you need:

Scenario 1 - through Eset's website:
    a. your AV number
    b. your email addressed used to PURCHASE your nod32 license

Scenario 2 - through a reseller:
    a. your AV number
    b. your password

resellers can renew you even if you changed your email address, but in order to make it happen, both the license number AND password are required (because anyone can guess a valid AV number - it's not hard).

Honestly, it seems easier through a reseller UNLESS you purchased direct from Eset in the past AND your email address is the same- but their store isn't that easy to understand the renewal process I think. I tend to think our method is easier to understand... ;)

hth

3. angus49

I have been purchasing for years directly from ESET. This is the first time I have had any difficulties. For some reason their automated renewal submission doesn't seem to want to recognize a double dot in the email address as in ***.rr.com.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

lol - third level domains - I am sure they'll fix it - but in the mean time - you need a renewal.... so you must purchase from a system which allows that - like ours or that of another reseller who allows that. To be honest, our system needs a tweak, as we have to add an input field for the password, but it is possible to put that into the field for license number as well. I expect we'll have it "fixed" by end of day.

This new renewal process has some "issues" - which I am sure Eset will work out eventually - you are unfortunate in that your renewal falls in the period where these "issues" need to be sorted out.

If you are dead set on purchasing direct from Eset - there is always the phone... lol

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Could it be that when you purchased the last time you left out a dot when you entered your email address the first time? Now you typed it in right and ESET doesn't recognize it. Why don't you try it again leaving out one dot, and if that doesn't work try leaving out the other dot. If that works leave yourself a note for the next time.:)

6. angus49

Thanks for the input guys. I did go ahead and renew by phone. I got lucky...no hold time. They seem to think that the problem at the web site is that it isn't accepting third level domains for some reason. They will look into the problem.

7. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi All-The problem with the renewal function not accepting two periods in the email address has been corrected. We apologize for the inconvenience.

8. angus49

Great service. Thanks to all concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.