Need on demand Anti trojan

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by BornMember, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Sorry guyz, but getting a bit confused whilst searching for a FREE on demand Anti trojan (whilst reading the threads). Have downloaded Ewido Security Suite (free) and disabled the real time protection as it slows my computer down. The scan feature is the reason why I downloaded it, but I get the impression that this feature will only be available for the 14 day usage. Can anyone confirm this?

If so are there any other on demand (FREE) anti trojans available?

Please note I dont really want real time protection just an on demand scanner?

All suggestions welcome

ThanX

Born

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You will be able to use the on-demand scanner for free after the 14 days, it's just the real-time protection that will be disabled after the trial.

3. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Dear Bm , Regarding Ewido, the on demand scanner is free, its the Real time protection that has a limited licence, which applies to most ot these programs. Ewido is excellent. Another good one is A squared, again the scanner is free, the real time protection has a trial period followed by purchase if you want to keep it.
    Gordon

4. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Thanx guyz I appreciate it

Born

5. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Yeah Ewido and A2 are pretty much the only two free (on-demand) ones to look at. They are both good and there is no harm in having both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.