Need much help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by quasimoto1, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quasimoto1

quasimoto1 Registered Member

Hi, new here but here is my situation hoping I can get my computer fixed without having to reformat.

Since 12/24/04 my system restore would not let me click on any dates before this day, this is unusual because usually I can click on many different days and months to restore too. Obviously something happened to my computer so I download AVG free edition and run a scan, find a lot of trojans and get them removed, but now my internet explorer is delayed when opening new pages and new links ( very slow ). I also have the java/byte verify problem which I did delete all content ( online/offline ) still doesn't help. So pretty much I beleive somehow on 12/24/04 I got something that really messed up my computer, my IE is messed up, im getting popups, system restore can't restore before the day my computer got messed up and I have nonstop trojans. Also I did have symantec installed but now it freezes my computer everytime i try to run a scan. Any help would be appreciated greatly as I really don't wanna reformat.

*EDIT*
    Windows xp home edition
    Broadband dsl
    im new here so dont know what information to post on my computer ><

Thanks,
    Ethan

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Quasimoto1, welcome to Wilders.

You could try following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning. The steps mentioned use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. Once your system is clean, please don’t hesitate to ask further about using these and other security software to protect your computer.

If you find Windows system files affected, you can place your Windows CD in the drive, click start> run type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow" SFC (System File Checker, a part of Windows File Protection) will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy. SFC may not solve every problem, but it's a good start that anyone can do.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.