need help with spyblaster, i not smart :'(

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by (^^i) help me plz, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (^^i) help me plz

(^^i) help me plz Registered Member

I have a problem and I would greatly appreciate any help I could get. Every time I startup my computer opens a web page. Is there a way I can make it stop? Please use small words, I'm not that smart. :oops:

2. (^^i) help me plz

I've traced the problem down to an html file, but I don't know how to get rid of it or even access it. I am using XP's search but it says that the file doesn't exist. Please help me, its driving me crazy! :'(

3. (^^i) help me plz

I found the accursed file and was able to get rid of it! YAAAAAY! :D
    I don’t want to go through that again; can anyone give me some advice on how to tighten my security so this doesn't happen again?

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi (^^i),

By the title of your thread it sounds like you were also having problems with starting SpywareBlaster. Yes, that can definitely happen if you had an infection.

If you are not sure your system is completely clean of the problem, then you could follow up with the instructions over HERE for downloading and installing Spybot S&D and/or Ad-Aware, and HijackThis, and post your Hijackthis log over in our 'adware, spyware, hijack cleaning forum' where an Expert will review it and give you advice for any malware found.

For tightening your security, you can start with following these steps: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971

And definitely make sure you have visited Microsoft's Update site and have updated and installed ALL Critical Updates for your operating system and browser.

Regards,

snap

5. (^^i) help me plz

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

You're welcome, (^^i)

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.