Need help with Samsung netbook software.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hugger, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Hi all. Been an interesting week for the little old man. My desktop pc caught fire when a FDB HSF fan sprayed everything with oil. Got interesting for a while.
    I think from now on I'll just deal with large laptops. Seems easier.

My wife bought a Samsung N145Plus Netbook to use while in court or waiting in doctors offices for her clients. It's an interesting little creature but slow and not much of a hard drive.
    I've already removed Norton and Adobe reader and replaced them with much lighter apps..
    Can anybody familiar with this unit tell me what other of the many programs that came preloaded can be removed without causing her problems?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Regards.
    Hugger

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

You could try PC Decrapifier http://pcdecrapifier.com/
    While I've never used it personally I think you might find it of use

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Thanks, Roger. I ran it but it did nothing. I'm doing it the old fashioned way-1 piece at a time.
    Regards.
    Hugger

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Ram is cheap and doesn't cost much to install if you can't do it yourself. An increase from 1 to GB will do a lot for a machine like that. I know because that's what I did with my Acer Aspire One 522 netbook.

5. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

I concur with the others. Your Samsung can take up to 2GB max RAM I believe in one module only. An upgrade would make a noticeable performance improvement.

Battery Life Extender - Up to you. Battery management program to extend life. Will the netbook be run on battery?

Easy Content Share - Not needed. Application that allows you to use a TV to view photos, videos and play music.

Easy Network Manager - Not needed. Just a load of shortcuts that can be done already via Windows

Easy Resolution Manager - Up to you. Adds extra support for different screen resolutions

Easy Speedup Manager - Up to you. Used to set power modes via a hotkey. Max performance or minimum power

Samsung Update Plus - Up to you. Checks for driver and software updates

Install guide - Up to you. Self explanatory

Movie Color Enhacer - Not needed. Will your wife be playing movies?

Samsung Fast Start - Up to you. Boots faster. Similar to hibernate but lasts for 2-3 days allegedly

Easy Display Manager - Up to you. Hotkey controls for brightness, volume connecting external displays. Some of the hotkey buttons on the keyboard may not work without this app.

Easy File Share - Up to you. Allows two pcs to be connected without networking

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Thanks for all the help.
    I installed a 2g ram stick before I even turned on the netbook. I'm going to uninstall some of the apps that were suggested.
    Regards.
    Hugger

7. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

1. Install CCleaner Slim build from here
    2. CCleaner > Tools > Uninstall > Save to text file and post the log here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.