Need help with Prevx 1 beta I uninstall it!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aacm, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Hello guys:
    I made the biggest mistake with this program Prevx 1 beta. I installed took a 1 hour to install and hang my system. If anybody knows a better program than this one, who does the job like Prevx ( I used to have the home version) I am affraid to install again the free home version. :doubt:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Remember it is a beta. Foks should understand what that means. It isn't really quite ready.

Pete

3. aacm

aacm Registered Member

OK thanks for the advise o_O which software I can use instead??

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Online Armor (http://www.tallemu.com/) is probably the closest thing. It, too, is in beta, but very nearly finished and quite stable.

5. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Thanks Notok I will try see how goes... I hear that Process Guard is ok.. What is you opinion?

6. Leitchy

Leitchy Registered Member

I have PrevX1 beta installed and it's working quite happily. I admit it takes a long time to go through the complete setup (it checks every single program installed...and on my system that's a lot!), but once it's done, it's cruising along nicely.

I know that's not much help to you, aacm, but I just want others who read this thread to know that it's not all bad for some of us, at least. Perhaps there's a conflict with something else on your system?

7. rainstreet

rainstreet Guest

How about AntiHook? http://www.infoprocess.com.au/AntiHook.php It's a very nice IDP program, and best of all it's completely free.

I don't see why all these chaps are running all over the place trying this and that program all the time. Jumping from one IDS type program to the next, when a great free program like AntiHook is available. I guess some people are never satisified even when something is as great as AH is around.

Some folks even run Process Guard free version along with AH for even more completely free protection. That wouldn't be a bad combination. ;) Another really good free combination is to go back to Prevx free, and use that with AH.

InfoProcess will be releasing another version in a couple months too from what I've heard which will have even more solid protection than the latest version 2.5 build 12 that's out now. I would highly recommend looking into AntiHook.

8. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Thanks all of you (Leitchy and Rainstreet) for Leitchy I check my system before I updated to the Beta version. My system is clean and up and running great !! however when I install the beat version took some time yea !! but nothing wrong with that because like you said : It takes time to check those programs and I have some.. when restart my system back normal but took time to load the programs and even couldn't run others, in top of that couldn't navigated the internet (couldn't open my FF(Firefox)) took looong time, so I made the descision and uninstalled however took 1 hr to uninstall and hang the system again but I let it go and finished. Now my system runs better ofcourse I want protection right away with another program or back to the previous version. Here is when rainstreet suggest other program which I will try it.. I will let you know how goes. By the way I don't want to jump from one program to another I'm don't like that, so I looking for stable and good software if I have to buy I buy ..
    Thanks again gentlemen I appreciated your inputs... ;)

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi AACM

I would 2nd the vote on Process Guard. It is serving me well. You also might look at Safe n Sec. It has come a long way.

Pete

10. aacm

aacm Registered Member

OKOKOK!! Thanks in the mean time I load PG, since I was looking and reading a lot about it I give it to try, need protection now... Thanks Pete

Al

11. Leitchy

Leitchy Registered Member

Well, Prevx 1 Beta is working nicely on my workstation, but is absolute sh!te on my laptop, and it's coming off now. It keeps losing the registration details and all the checking it's done...so it wants to do the checking all over again. Since this takes about four hours (or more) on my little laptop, that's pointless.

This all happened after the lastest update.

In summary, working fine on workstation, not working on laptop.

12. mokadoucer

mokadoucer Guest

I have PrevX1 beta installed and it's working quite happily BRAVOOOOOOOOOO.... prevx-1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.