Need help with PerfDisk Error in XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bloomcounty, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloomcounty

bloomcounty Registered Member

Hey there,

I'm noticing that I'm getting this error more often upon start-up (four times over the past few weeks, with two of them the last two times I've started my computer).

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: PerfDisk
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2001
    Date: 8/24/2010
    Time: 5:40:36 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: <COMPUTER NAME HERE>
    Description:
    Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 68 10 00 00 h...

Any ideas as to what this is? And is it anything to be concerned about? (I can try looking up the Event ID tomorrow at work, but usually those things don't tell you much...)

I'm still running XP SP2 (yeah, I know -- but my internet usage is very limited, I swear! :) ). Let me know if you need any other information, system or otherwise.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.