need help with my video card/nod32??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zfactor, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ever since i installed nod om my machine (the payed version not the trial) every time i boot up my computer it hits the windows screen with the scrolling bar and where it would say welcome.. the colors go bezerk like they are all tie dyed or something. if i uninstall nod the problem go away. and when the colors are all distorted and the nod screen comes up, as soon as the nod screen go to the sys tray the colors revert back to normal. i have an ati 9800xt (sapphire 9800 pro 360 core flashed to an xt 256 mb card) i have not been able to figure this out thanks for any help you can be.

one more thing update: if i uninstall the video card reboot then reinstall it the catalyst drivers it works fine for like 5 or 6 reboots then even a day or two later starts up again?? thanks in advance

by the way i did not have this problem at all with the trial versiono_O?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

There is basically no difference in the pay vs the trial version. I would look at what you are doing with the video card for the problem.

You could try disabling the splash screen and graphics mode and see if that makes a difference.

Attached Files:

3. zfactor

tried that no difference. now i reinstalled the trial version and the same thing?? as soon as the splash screen goes away video is normal again?? i uninstalled the video drivers and even tried the omega ati drivers instead of ati's own and same thing. if i uninstall nod it goes away? i dont get it and as far as hardware been at this a long time. never seen this kind of issue before? any other suggestions thanks

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

5. zfactor

i will do this asap thanks very much!! i would love to get this worked out. great forum here thanks to all here

6. Mephisto

Mephisto Guest

I get the same thing on windows loadup ... must be the ATI cards (im using a Powercolor 9600XT) mine usually goes away with a screen refresh (for a little while anyway) ... I am running the Trial version of NOD32.

On a side-note ... if i decide i like NOD32 well enough to buy it, how the hell do you register this program?

7. 4now

4now Registered Member

Mysterious for sure

Do you have WindowBlinds?

I have a 9200SE 128mb video card and suddenly one day the drop shadows on my desktop icons would go dark after the Nod Splash screen closed.

I installed/uninstalled Nod32, Outpost Pro, WindowBlinds, ATI Catalyst & Omega drivers, even put in a 9600 128mb card – and still was unable to solve my problem. Drop shadows still act crazy when I launch Flash MX, or some times when changing a setting, or launching Windows Explorer. However, I did prevent it from occurring after Nod’s splash screen by doing a system restore (?)

This has been going on for some time (about 2 months) and on the occasion it will once again occur after the Splash Screen – usually when I’ve just installed new software (perhaps more activity on the next startup)

Who knows – not I

8. Blackspear

Just purchase it off the site that you downloaded the trial version from.

Hope this helps...

9. zfactor

memphisto you have to go to the eset web site www.nod32.com and buy it there they will send you a email with your username and password. you will then have to uninstall the trial version and install the retail version. after you get your password the retail version is made available to you on the web site

10. zfactor

i uninstalled radlinker for ati (overclocking utility) and the problem goes away. doesn't make any sense though why it would work withthe trial version and not the full version. just figured id give you all an update thanks for all your suggestions

11. Blackspear

Thanks for that Zfactor, I'd still wait and see what Nod32 Support come up with.

12. zfactor

i will also do that and see what they say. i just installed the newer version of radlinker with no issues at all so far. i wanted to test my theory so i uninstalled this one cleaned out the reg. cleaned all of the drive. reinstalled the old one and had the same problem. so im sure it was this causing the problem and reinstalled the new one and again no problems so far. my card is flashed to an xt from a pro so i dont know if this causes any issues with radlinker.

13. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

Are you using the full Radlinker program? If you are, try just using the RadClocker part of the program. RadClocker--the overclocking tab only--is all you need anyway unless you want all the bells and whistles. It's what I used when I had a 9800 Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.