Need help with error in PE Builder v3.1.10a

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by photogman, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photogman

photogman Registered Member

I got all the way with making my BartPE dvd and received this error:

Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\WinXP\I386\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*"to"C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\TrueImageH10\Common Files\Drivers\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*" 3: The System cannot find the path specified.

does anybody have a clue how to resolve this?

It also gave me the following warning:

Warning: building from an OEM version of Windows can mean trouble ...

I assume the program would burn the DVD with just the warning, but not without resolving the error.

I checked and the file structure I386\files\Common Files\Drivers does not exist anywhere on my computer?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you run the autohelp script to configure the TI plugin? Is TI10 installed in C:\Program Files\Acronis?

3. photogman

Thanks for responding Tom. I have done both of those things thus far.

tree.jpg

4. thomasjk

5. photogman

Thanks for the help Tom. It is much appreciated. I'm just curious, what do you have if you can't get a plugin to install, just a Win XP pro install disk? I would assume you would have to install the TI 10 application as normally and THEN perform a restore?

Were you able to find that thread through the forum search engine or did you know about right where it was? I need to explore the power of the advanced search.

6. thomasjk

You could use the TI rescue CD to perform a restore if don't have BartPE. Its Linux based and slower than BartPE which is windows based. Do build a TI rescue CD and boot with it to make sure it will work for you. There are issues with the Linux based rescue environment, i.e performance, poor drivers for various hardware.

The issue of missing files has been reported before and the solution supplied by Mustang the author of the plugin. Since I knew that I used the advanced search and also the user name Mustang to find this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.