Need help with Dropper.Small.5.J Trojan Horse

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Adrian, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need help

hey i need help when i want to join a group somthing comes like this this account was in some way used inappropeilty in the past and is currently being restricted from joining any group rated g plzzzz help mee bye

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Srebrencanin-,

Since you have posted in a thread with the title "Need help with Dropper.Small.5.J Trojan Horse", are you infected with this?

Also, I am unclear what you mean here:

"...when i want to join a group..." What group?
    "...something comes like this..." What do you mean by 'something'? A pop-up box, or a notice on a web page?

If you could be more clear and provide further details in describing the above, we might be better able to help you. :)

Also, what is your operating system and what security programs have you scanned with presently?

Regards,

snap

3. futureco

futureco Guest

WARNING - the Dropper is still around as of 12-20-04
    WATCH closely, an unknown site that specializes in Screen Savers
    is totally INFECTED - downloaded several of the Savers and
    everyone of them had the Trojan and NetPal. Finally got right
    of it (I think) but it took many virus scans, searches for above
    files, and it locked up the XP computer a dozen times in the process.
    IF ONLY I COULD FIND THE CULPRIT, what do you think I'd do
    to himo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

4. krmr

krmr Guest

he there any info on trojan dropper.small.7bn

i lost all night to fight with it, deleting all possie files from avg. and it stilll opens ie every time i reboot, trying to connect to some wierd site. coderz...something.

any suggestions? or info what it does

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi krmr, and welcome to Wilders.

There are many variants of this type of infection that the best thing I can advise is that you go through the General Cleaning Instructions, making sure you scan in safe mode and turn your system restore off (if using XP or ME) and clean out your temp folders as outlined in the steps in the General Cleaning Instructions.

If you find you are still having problems, then go to one of the forums that provide HijackThis analysis and post a log for review (you'll find a link to sites that provide that type of system cleaning also in the General Cleaning Instructions thread).

Please let us know how you make out.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.