need help with AMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nibblits, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nibblits

nibblits Registered Member

hello, i keep getting an error about the AMON feature. when i try and start it it keeps saying"unable to load file system monitor" and it wont work. any help would be appreciated, thankyou :p

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

first of all tell us your
    OS(WIN2K,WINXP,VISTA)?
    DO YOU EVER INSTALL ANY OTHER ANTIVIRUS IF YES WHAT'S?
    FIRST TIME INSTALLING NOD32 v2.7?

3. nibblits

nibblits Registered Member

sorry about the lack of info, ok, i have windows xp service pack installed with an ADM Duron(tm) processor 845MHz with 768 mb of ram. im not sure about my graphics card but i do know that previosly we have had sygate personall firewall installed along with avast anti-virus, then i removed them and put on tren micro, and then at another stage i also ha avg on there but i didnt like it so i got rid of it, now i have nod32. I head it was a good anti-virus and wanted to try it out, but yeah as you can see, it's sorta not working atm lol.....

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

try to install v3 trial then tell me

5. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Hi nibblits,

Before you start jumping on the v3 wagon, please make sure that there are no rements of any prior AV. Then first try reinstall NOD32 v2

- Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    - Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32
    - Reboot when prompted
    - After you restarted , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET
    - Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded and Use "Typical" install
    - Make sure you have a internet connection and if you use a firewall, check. that nod32krn.exe is allowed by your firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.