NEED HELP WITH 2 THINGS

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:DLOL i need help with two things befor i go deleting my hard drive

need to back up my links from internet explorer you know save them

and the other is how do i save important juno information so all i have to do is copy and paste over old stuffs so i dont lose conection numbers and user name and pass word

im useing juno 4.0 is there a key file with that important info i can back up?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Blaze,

Actually, you are in luck. Unlike your AOL Favorite Places, saving the IE Favs is much easier. The links in IE are stored as special files on the disk. Use Windows Explorer and go down below the c:\windows directory and look for a folder called \favorites\. Take a look through there and you should be able to see all the folders that you use to categorize your links and all the links, too.

Like any other folder with files, it can be dragged and dropped, or copy/pasted to another location or a floppy or CD. If you have Winzip, you could pack them all up in a single zip file, if you wanted. (Like the way they were sent to you.) Lots of options.

As to your Juno information, it's probably all just in normal dialup networking isn't it? Do you just have a simple dialup networking link you double click and it has everything in there. Phone number visible while dialing, username visible and password *******. I'd just copy this to paper myself. As I'm sure you know, you can't get your password out of there, so I hope you have it saved elsewhere or know it by heart.

3. The Snowman

The Snowman Guest

Sir Blase and LowWaterMark

if I may.....will the dial up properties give the SMTP ?

To re-connect you may need something like this:

Email: < Sir Blasertheman@Juno.com>
    SMTP Sever Address: < SMTP. Juno.com>
    Pop3 Sever Address: <Pop . Juno.com>
    USER NAME: <your user name)
    Password: <your password>

4. The Snowman

The Snowman Guest

Don't forget the phone number......as LWM said most can be gained by dial-up properties/network

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, very good point, Snowy!

Actually Blaze, I hope you still have you original signup kit for Juno. It's always good to hang on to those. In addition to user account and configuration information, they have the Customer Service help phone number, too. You never know when you might need that.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Blazey, Things to back up that are usually forgotten in our haste to rejuvinate our PCs :D
    Email MS - If you are using Outlook proper outlook.pst & archive.pst will save all of your email addresses, contact info' etc
    Outlook Express Copy all the .dbx files.
    Another useful back up is the Cookies folder as, when allowed, these are important for use on trusted sites, Banking, Wilders etc.

7. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

For getting reconnected again after you reinstally the juno setup.exe....
    First connect to Juno using the Juno software. Juno creates a temporary dialup networking connection called "Juno" (not "Juno Web" or "Juno Web Backup"). It uses a toll free number that then downloads to you all the numbers in your area that can be used toll free for your connectiod. After this is done..use the juno "access number setup and selection" walk through settings and pick the numbers in your area that will not add extra Local telephone Company charges to your connection dial up number.

In Juno 4.0 or earlier: On the Connection menu, point to Connect to Juno and click Using a Modem.

If this is the first time you are connecting to Juno using a modem, the Configure Modem screen appears. This is the first screen of the Access Number Setup and Selection wizard; follow this wizard to set up your modem connection.

If you've connected using a modem before, your connection is ready to use.

Also

Do you have call waiting one your phone?

If you use the same telephone line for phone calls, you may want to make sure call waiting is disabled before you connect so your Web connection is not disrupted by incoming calls.

On the Connection menu, click Access Number Setup and Selection.

Click Next until you get to the Basic or Advanced Dialing Setup screen:

If you have a basic dialing setup, click Yes to Do you have call waiting? Then, in the box that appears, type the code to disable call waiting.

If you have an advanced dialing setup, click Configure Dialing Options. In the Dialing Properties dialog box, select the To disable call waiting check box and type the code to disable call waiting in the adjacent box.

Note: The code for disabling call waiting is usually *70, but if you don’t know it, please call your local phone company to find out how to turn off this feature. Disabling call waiting only means that your connection won’t be interrupted by incoming calls. Once you disconnect, your call waiting is reenabled and functions as usual.

Click Next until you get to the last screen of the Access Number Setup and Selection wizard and then click Finish.

Then

Juno 5 does have a backup wizard thingie that makes it an ease to keep your address book and all your inboxes. out boxes..etc..wraping them all up in one neat package you can save to a disk..and then reinstall after that format..but Juno 4 is a little tricky since you have to pull out then replace some files like you do with Gav at times ;)

8. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

SOOOOO ;)

keep all your USER FILES most likely USER0000 and USER0001 then also your addrbook.nv and paste them back into the juno Folder...I will let you figure out the boxes if you want to save you old email.

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

way cool guys big big hugs all around i needed this info alot thx so much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.