Need help uninstalling Internet Explorer 6

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mina11, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mina11

Mina11 Registered Member

Could someone tell me how to uninstall this twisted browser please. Ok, I'm going to try and make this as short as possible. I haven't been able to get the security updates online for some reason, so I ordered the cd so that I can just reinstall the whole browser. Only problem is, it won't install unless I remove the existing IE first. I've gone into the control panel and deleted it from the Add/Remove programs area, but the disk is still saying that there's a newer version of IE detected. So, I was hoping someone could help me remove this or restore it to an earlier version so that I can reinstall IE 6 with the security updates.

Steph

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

This is most peculiar. Sounds like a reinstall to me. IE 6 is hardly a application that you just install, it's part of Windows.

Are you sure that there's not some kind of infection of your system?

Uninstalling IE is almost not possible. There's the litepc project but using that you'll have to do more than just tweaking your pc.

Get Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer to check what updates are required.

And finally don't you ever use IE again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.