Need Help Uninstalling Citrix

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roark37, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hello,

My company just switched to using Citrix for remote users so I installed the Citrix Receiver. Before I did I removed an old Citrix ICA Client using add/remove programs in Windows XP but what I did not realize is that Citrix leaves stuff behind and add/remove programs is not enough. So the new Citrix Receiver is not fully loading as I think that old "stuff" is causing the issue. So I want to remove everything Citrix and then start over with a fresh Citrix Receiver install and I think it will work properly but I am not sure how to best do it. I am considering 3 uninstallers, Revo, Iobit Uninstaller, and Geek Uninstaller. All three seem to get great reviews but do you recommend any of those and think they can do the complete removal? Another option is that Citrix has a removal tool that supposedly works and even removes registry entries but I was not sure if that is a better choice than the uninstallers or if it will work properly and not damage my computer. Any advice about this especially from anyone that has uninstalled Citrix before?

Thanks for any help.

Roark

2. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

I use Citrix fairly frequently. Fortunately, I've not had to uninstall it or do what you need to do. However, I would say that if I ever have a choice between a companies own removal tool or a 3rd party uninstaller (like Revo or any of the others), I would definitely go with the companies own removal tool.

I've seen too many systems (including my own) that have been messed up by 3rd party removal tools. I just believe that the company that made the software hopefully knows best how to remove their own product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.