Need help removing something I found on my friend's machine

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by zopzop, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

While scanning my friends pc with ewido (he had popups come up all the time), it found the following : "Dropper.Delf.bw" and "Trojan.VB.aut"

I've searched the net for more info on these things but google turns up nothing. What are they and how do we get rid of them? They disabled his right click, internet explorer settings tab, task manager, etc...

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Have you tried something like superantispyware or a-squared antimalware?

3. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Update the AVG AntiSpyware and scan again. Your friend should scan also in safe-mode of Windows. Use here in safe-mode the 'Full-System Scan' mode.

4. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

both those apps found NOTHING on his system! which is amazing because i've heard nothing but good things about both those programs. as you can see in my sig i actually have and use the freeware version of superantispyware. he didn't even know something was wrong until he got a crap load of popups out of nowhere. i'm just thankful ewido even found the damn things on his computer!

@karl.ewido
    ok karl, i'll tell him to do that when he gets home from work today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.