Need Help: Partition Lost... Is this the right software?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by shane.perran, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane.perran

shane.perran Registered Member

First my situation:

During a format I had an external usb drive connected and not thinking deleted the partition. I have not formatted the drive just deleted the partition - there is a lot of important information on this drive that I need back.

Important: This is an EXTERNAL USB drive (250GB).

My Questions:

1. Is the data definately still on the drive and able to be recovered?

2. Is this the best/proper software to accomplish this?

3. Is there a link to walkthrough documentation that will enable me to do this very quickly/effectively?

I am trying to be lazy - I just want to be very blunt, to the point about what I need to accomplish.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 has Acronis Recovery Expert product as a part of it. This software allows you to recover a deleted partition. Please be aware that you should not try to use the unallocated space that appeared after the partition deleting.

Yes, in case you were not trying to create a new partition in the unallocated space or to use this space in any other way then your data is still there, it was not deleted.

We would like to offer you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 in order to find out is it able to recover your partition.

Yes, you can download the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide from the Documentation section of our web site.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. shane.perran

shane.perran Registered Member

Thank you very much for the response.

Both your response and the software are exactly what I was hoping for. I have already put in a purchase request.

Being able to recover 200GB of absolutely crucial material is invaluable, the low cost of the product makes it an absolute must in my opinion.

Fantastic product, 3 thumbs up.

Thanks again,

Shane Perran
    www.graphicalwonder.com

4. Acronis Support

Hello Shane,

Thank you very much for your warm comments.

Our team worked hard to create a good and reliable software
    that works fine on many computers in the world.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. hitu

hitu Registered Member

What if the partition was formatted and a new partition was created?
    Can I retrieve back the older partition content ?

6. Acronis Support

Hello hitu,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm afraid that in this case it will not be possible. Acronis Recovery Expert included into Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 will not detect any lost/deleted partitions on your hard drive if a new partition was created in the same place.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.