Need help on Acronis Corporate Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bhaskaran, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhaskaran

bhaskaran Registered Member

Is there anyone have experiance using Acronis Corporate Workstation?Is there anyone tested , backup PC to tape drive? I install scsi card on PC with any try back my PC to tape drive but i cant.I always receive message said that "Image Creation completed with error".Anyone had face this same problem?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bhaskaran,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem?

When exactly you receive this error message?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. bhaskaran

Good day Alexey,

Here is the details u request for.

1) take 1 normal PC with win XP.
    2) Install Scsi Card and attach tape drive to that PC.
    3) Install Acronis Corp Worksatation's management console , Storage server , and bootable media builder to the PC.
    4) Then i create 1 set of bootable cd using bootable media builder.
    5) I rebbot the pc and use the cd to boot and bacup straight to tape drive.

I can c my tape drive atach to pc , but when i choose the tape drive as destination to save my image and run the backup, i receive the error msg "Image creation completed with error" and for ur info i receive this msg within few second i start the backup.

I read some artical and user manual for this product tell that this software can support server os , pc os ,scsi hdd,tape drive and lot more.but i wonder y i cant backup to my tape drive.

Hope u can help me on this matter.

4. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

Have you tried to create the image and store it to the tape drive under Windows? What was the result?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. bhaskaran

Hi Ilya,Thank for ur quick reply.

For your info, i can backup to tape from windows mode.But i prefer backup from bootable CD.it is because when backup from windows mod,there are alot of services running and im afraid the backup wont work 100%.Is it this corp workstation can only backup straight to tape drive from windows mode?

6. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation should allow you to back up to tapes both under Windows and using Acronis Bootable CD. Have you tried to create the image using Acronis Bootable CD and store the image somewhere else (for example, on the local hard drive)? What build of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation did you use to create Acronis Bootable CD (this number can be found in "Help" -> "About" after you boot the computer with the CD)?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. bhaskaran

Hi Ilya,

If i backup to other source like network drive or local drive i can make it.The only problem is i cant backup straight to tape.For info im using Acronis Corp workstation 8.0 build 1,158.Is there any fixes for overcome this problem?

8. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

Thank you for the perfect description of the problem. According to the facts you described, you have a known problem that was already fixed. The new build with the fix will be available soon. We are really sorry for temporary incoviniences.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. bhaskaran

Hi Ilya,Thank alot for u info.When and where can i get the fixes?Will it take long time?

10. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

The fix will be implemented in future builds that are available at our site. I cannot provide you with the exact date when the build will be out but it shouldn't take much time.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. bhaskaran

Thank alot..ill keep on check on for fixes and ill carry on do few more testing,if i have any other error or problem ill let u know.Hope u dont mine helping me.

thanks

12. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

No problem, please feel free to ask any question you have.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. bhaskaran

Hi,Can i know when i can get the fix?already 1 month i wait but no any reply or update from acronis.Plz help me.

14. Acronis Support

Hello bhaskaran,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Workstation Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We don't have a release of the new build with the fix of your problem yet. When the new build will be released we would be grateful if you downloaded it as soon as it became available and let us know your results with it.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.