Need help! Nod32 v.4 vs proxy

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Chaynik_x, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaynik_x

Chaynik_x Registered Member

I had Nod32 v.3.0.672 bussines instaled on my PC (!! with no firewall !!). It worked fine with my proxy-server (Microsoft ISA) and recived updates. After properly uninstall of Nod32 v.3.0.672, I installed Nod32 v.4 bussines with the same options of http-proxy but recived error that proxy required authentication ... that`s all (((

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. Chaynik_x

Chaynik_x Registered Member

thx I`ve done it

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Chaynik, do you have a solution yet?

All works well for me on ISA 2004 with Firewall Client installed, but I have one old server running ISA 2000 and we do not have the Firewall Client installed.

Updates used to work with V3, but with V4 we get the same problem, e..g no updates! The log shows this:

04/03/2009 16:47:25 Update An error occurred while downloading update files. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Jim

5. jimwillsher

Couldn't it be that "anonymous" appears because the kernel service is running in the local system account?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please export the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security registry key and send it to me. I'll PM you my email address.

7. jimwillsher

Ok, as a SHORT TERM workaround I have done the following:

1) In the Proxy setup, satted that I want to connect to a proxy BUT that I do not need to authenticate

and

2) in ISA Server 2000 created a "Protocol Rule" that basically allows everyone access to anything!

Clearly it's not a long-term solution, but at least it'll allow me to update virus definitions until this bug in ESET V4 is fixed (the "bug" being that Credentials specified on the Proxy screen are not submitted with the request).

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.