Need help - keylogger...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by IcyWizard, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyWizard

IcyWizard Registered Member

I think I have keylogger in my computer, but I'm not sure. How can I catch and remove it?

P.S. I know nothing in this area. Please, be patient to a newbie :oops:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi IcyWizard, I moved your post here as the TDS3 forum was specifically for TDS3 support.

This forum should provide a better place to receive attention to your question.

Pilli

3. mr.helpful

mr.helpful Guest

After you run a full system scan with your fully updated anti-virus, I would recommend you download the free trial of Unhackme http://greatis.com/unhackme/ and the free trial of Security Task Manager http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/ and do a check for keyloggers with them.

Both programs will find a massive amount of keyloggers. But you need to run both to find hook based as well as kernel based keyloggers. They are both easy to use and will scan in a matter of seconds.

In Unhackme it will be obvious if you find a keylogger because it won't detect anything other than malware. Security Task Manager can be slightly more tricky to interpret, but if you get a detection of anything over 80%, I would consider that extremely suspect. You can always ask here about any detections you get with STM before you delete them.

Or if you don't mind spending the cash, Spycop http://www.spycop.com does a very good job of finding both kinds of keyloggers, but it's not a freebie.

Let us know how things go for you. People here like to hear a good success story sometimes too. :)

4. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

You can give KL-Detector a go. The simple step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process. :)

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    If you know nothing in this area, why do you automatically suspect a keylogger? Maybe posting a hijackthis log in a dedicated forum could be wise? Also, you might wanna try the full array of scanners, including ad-aware, spybot, spyware doctor, msas, ewido and a2, and trial version of spy sweeper.
    Mrk

6. IcyWizard

IcyWizard Registered Member

Thanks to all.:)
    It was not a keylogger.
    It was a virus... and now everyting is all right, I cought and eliminate it.:D

7. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Glad things worked out and it wasn`t a keylogger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.