Need help cloning the hard drive in an IBM T42

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Calumus, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calumus

Calumus Registered Member

Hi all, here's the problem. I have a friend with a T42 that has a noisy hard drive, and she can't afford to be a day with out it so I figured I'd replace the drive before it dies. I went out a got a 40 gig IBM drive, the exact same one that's in there already. I also picked up a USB enclosure so I had a way to connect said drive to the laptop. I installed acronis, did a full clone and it said everything went fine, however when I swapped the new drive into the laptop I got this messege "ARC firmware config problem. Did not properly generate ARC name for HAL & system paths" I've never seen this before and I've cloned many drives using seagate's tools. Unfortunatly they won't recognise a drive in a usb enclosure only ata, sata, and scsi. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I love the way TI is set up, and if I can get this working I'd definatly buy it for future use; but right now I'm stuck and need to get this done. Normally I'd just do a fresh XP install on the new drive but all her software disks are in her office in Amsterdam, and her company's I.T. guy set up a vpn on the machine and I have no idea what the configuration would be. Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated. Thanks,
    Shawn

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If that link doesn't provide the solution, then try the Clone process using the bootable Rescue True Image cd, which you have to create from one of the Menu items in the TI software that you installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.