Need help buying an item on ebay

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have an account on ebay UK. I want to buy an item and want the seller to ship it to a friend o mine in uk.

My PayPal and credit card are n I with my home address Saudi Arabia. How can I get the things to be shiped to UK. Is there an ption to make a specific shipping address n ebay and paypal.

Thanks for any help. I am trying ebay and paypal first time. Seems hard to use it out of USA/ UK etc. :(

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

When you click to pay with PayPal there is sometimes (or always?) a place to write a message to the seller. If you don't see this you can send the seller an email and tell him to send it to the address of your friend. After you pay you get a confirmation from PayPal, eBay and the seller by email. You can always answer the seller's email with your address requirements.

Hope that helps. I once made a typo in my postal code and had no trouble contacting the seller to tell them I had screwed up. I agree with you that it isn't always intuitive.

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Shipping-to-an-alternate-address-Paypal-Ebay

HTH

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, that was very helpfull. Unfortunately gift address must be of the same country as well. I can add a gift address but it is must be for Saudi Arabia as well. How can I add an address of UK or USA? I am really stuck on it.

Thanks

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

eBay and Paypal generally require you to ship to the verified Paypal address on the account. If the seller doesnt and you get scammed eBay wont help you, Paypal wont help you, and neither will your bank.

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Probably the biggest problem you'll be facing when wanting to "divert" the shipment to an address in another country is the differences in import/export policies, duty rates, etc., between the countries, in this case Saudi Arabia and the U.K. In most cases the receiver is responsible for all costs relating to import, such as duty, brokerage fees, any applicable taxes, and so on, so the shipper probably wouldn't have a clue what the landing costs would amount to, and in most cases couldn't include them in selling price anyway.

7. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Have you gone to visa.com or mastercard.com and checked their prepaid card availability?
    Can they be purchased online?

Many of these cards are anonymously purchased that you later add an address to online before making a purchase.
    If it is possible to purchase one online you can add the card user address which will be your ship to address.

Mastercard offers a world card but I don't know if you can purchase it online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.