NEED HELP Acronis Backup Server install fail

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by desmondluk, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desmondluk

desmondluk Registered Member

We did uninstall the backup server & reinstall again
    but it fail to reinstall.

The install installation process bar go to end & roll back & show message "The installation was interrupted before Acronis Backup Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

We found that there is a "Acronis Backup Server Service" remain in Control Panel

So we use regedit to search all name "Acronis Backup Server" & delete it. And reinstall again, but it also fail to install

Any suggestion ?

we are use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server Build # 3854

Thanks
    Desmond

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

This is an FAQ. You need to empty your temporary directory(ies), e.g.:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<login id>\Local Settings\Temp

Search the forum for more info if you need it.

F.

3. desmondluk

Hi foghorne

I did empty the temporary directory. But it still can't install ! Same error.

Path :
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

User :
    Local Administartor

Thanks
    Desmond

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Try emptying the TEMP directories for the other users.
    Try installing from another user from the Administrators group.
    Try searching the forum - this is an faq.

F.

5. desmondluk

Hi foghorne

Try emptying the TEMP directories for the other users. (Did Try, Same Error)

Try installing from another user from the Administrators group. (Did Try, Same error)

Try searching the forum - this is an faq. (We did search FAQ before post, no one is post backup server install fail are !)

So we follow this link :
    "http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=169798&highlight=Acronis+Backup+Server"

And dump the msiexec install log to for "submit a request for technical support."

Hope will get the answer.

Thanks

6. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Same exact issue here...

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

If Acronis Backup Server is being installed on the machine for the first time and you haven’t saved any backups to it, please do the following:

1. Open Control Panel\Computer Management\Local Users and Groups\Groups;
    2. Please right-click AcronisBackupServerUsers and choose Delete;

After that please do the following:

1. Click Start -Run and execute "regedit" command (without quotes);
    2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Fomatik\Plugins\ key;
    3. Right click on BackupServer key and choose Delete.

IT is very important to keep in mind that following the above instructions will make all the backups is Backup Server inaccessible if Backup Server is already installed on the computer and you have already saved some backups to it. Therefore, if you are updating/repairing Acronis Backup server and you don't want to lose the existing backups please collect the installation log file following the below instructions and submit a request for technical support with the created log attached and the link to this thread.

To obtain MSI log please proceed as follows:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis Backup Server" and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Thank you.

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

8. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

I tried this but had the same issue:

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kurtd,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while installing Acronis Backup Server component.

Could you please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and MSI log as instructed above and then submit a request for technical support with the requested information and the link to this thread atatched?

We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

10. JOML

JOML Registered Member

We have the same issue with Acronis Workstation ECHO.. it's not possible to install the BackupServer. The same error.

In the moment, Acronis is not able to fix this issue.. we have allready send all possible logs etc and deleted all reg keys, folders and local user groups etc.

May anybody from this forum has a solution.. or Acronis was able to fix it in his environment..

Please post all ideas or solutions...
    Thanks a lot

cheers
    JOML

11. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

I gave up. The software doesn't install and the remote agents cost too much. I'm still using Backup exec 11d and Genie backup manager. http://genie-soft.com/

12. dolphan13

dolphan13 Registered Member

Hello All,

After reading the forums and seeing no real resolution for this "the installation was interrupted" (I am experiencing this on about 9 different servers) error, I contacted support and they sent me a file called SnapAPIsetup.msi asked me to install it first then try to install True Image. I ran the SnapAPIsetup.msi and during the install a pop up stating that the following services needed to be started to continue :

COM+ System Application
    Distributed Transaction Coordinator

We have these set to "disabled" on some of our servers here at our site. Instead of enabling these and continuing with the SnapAPIsetup.msi install I canceled, set those services to manual, started them then ran the Acronis True Image install again. This time the Acronis Install finished with no problems. I am going to go ahead and try this on our other servers but I thought I would mention my experience in hopes it might help others.

BTW, In these cases I am trying to install Acronis True Image 9.1 on Windows 2003/2003R2 servers as an initial, FIRST TIME install.

13. JOML

JOML Registered Member

Hi,

These services are on our test server enabled. But TI hast still the same issue.

Is it possible that I could download this tool SnapAPIsetup.msi from you..?

Thanks in advance
    JOML

14. DevTopics

DevTopics Registered Member

I am a long-time TrueImage user and fan. Yesterday I downloaded ATI 11 trial for my father-in-law. When I attempted to install on Vista Home Ultimate, I received the cryptic error:

"Installation was interrupted before TrueImage Home could be installed."

First, 10 lashes with a wet noodle to Acronis developers for allowing a fatal error to occur without proper explanation. Why couldn't it be installed? How do I fix it? Had I been an average user--instead of a TrueImage fan--I would've likely just given up, as you will notice many have done if you Google this problem.

But having used TrueImage for so long, I persisted. Here's what worked for me:

I shut off Vista UAC.

TrueImage installed perfectly. I was able to complete the install, and test TrueImage to ensure it works fine on his PC. Remember to turn UAC back on!

We ended up buying TrueImage 11 for my father-in-law. It should be noted that the registered version installed fine even with UAC still on, for whatever reason.

15. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

I have been having the same issue, and I have managed to install correctly without disabling Vista's UAC.

When it asks you if you want to install for "Just Me" or "Everyone", I was picking "Just Me". I picked "Everyone" and then it worked fine. Didn't delete my temp files or anything else.

Vista Business x64, UAC Enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.