Need guidance creating secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dld, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dld

dld Registered Member

My C drive is 28.6 GB of which 17.7 GB is free space. My S drive is a slave drive which I have partitioned into G partition (31.48 GB Logical) and I partition (7.813 MB Primary).

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/2556/screenhunter0128zt.jpg

1. I plan on creating a secure zone in the G partition. Am I right in having it formatted as a Logical partition?

2. I had no choice really in formatting the I partition as a primary partition, other than leaving it unallocated. What is the purpose of this partition? Acronis tells me making the partition primary makes it bootable. What would it boot to (if this makes sense)? Why can't I format the whole drive as a single logical partition?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Acronis Secure Zone is not created 'within' an existing partition it takes space 'from' an existing partition or from unallocated space on the drive. You don't have to have any partitions allocated on your slave drive and you can delete them before creating the Secure Zone if you wish and then when you create the Secure Zone the wizard will ask you how much of the unallocated space to allocate for Secure Zone. You can allocate the whole drive if you wish. The Secure Zone does not have a drive letter associated with it and it is 'invisible' to the operating system although you can see it by using administrator storage function on XP. By being effectively invisible it has some protection from being damaged by trojans that may get on your PC

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  3. dld

dld Registered Member

Thank you very much PJB024. Image created without incident in Secure Zone.

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Happy to help dld and good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.