Need for addidtional AV software?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by metalurgs, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm sure you've heard that old axiom about no product providing 100% coverage. Just something to consider.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Personally, I don't rely solely on AV because an approach that relies on identifying badness can, by its very nature, never be 100%, no matter how many programs you are running. Running an additional real-time AV/AM alongside Prevx would create an additional overhead with only a marginal increase in protection. (Using multiple scanners on demand is a different matter though.) I run Prevx as my sole AV but I also use policy restriction and virtualisation software.

A multi-layered approach is good but I'd suggest adding extra layers of different types. Again, it's recommended there should only be one program of each type. A mixed approach tends to give the best results overall, with less chance of conflict or duplication.

3. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

I think the most accurate answer is still "no one really knows for sure".
    The Homepage boasts an "independent test" from Immunity and an "independent review" from PC Mag.
    There's two companies listed on the Awards page for this year: Westcoast Labs and Microsoft.
    If you don't mind some older endorsements then there's PC Magazine, Computerworld, and the like.

4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

running Prevx paid version alongside Avast free av without conflict or slow down of any sort. This is a very light and competent combo IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.