need detailed instructions on partitioning new WD 2T drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by carolynsheep, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynsheep

carolynsheep Registered Member

I'm an old lady and I've never done this and am petrified. Please help me with detailed instructions. On my new WD 2T external HD I want to have 4 500GB partitions, 3 NTFS and 1 Fat 32 using Paragon Partition Manager Pro 9.5
    Am running window 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234 : Service Pack 3)
    I have read Paragons manual for v10 but can't find one for v 9.5 and they seem to be a bit different so I'm still scared.
    how old is old? I collect OAS and that's as close as I will tell.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Carolynsheep,

In the Paragon Partition Manager full scale launcher, locate the Disk Map and your 2TB hard drive. If the hard drive is empty and already formatted, we will go ahead and delete any partitions residing on the hard drive. Right click the partition(s) and delete. You should see a full teal bar "unallocated" representing the entire free space on the hard drive.

Right click the hard drive and create partition. Specify the partition size, file system and repeat this step till your space is depleted.

When you finish you should see something like this:

[500GB NTFS][500GB NTFS][500GB NTFS][500GB FAT32]

-Tommy

3. TOSK

TOSK Registered Member

I use XP, unless things have changed, last I heard Windows didn't like more than 1 visible primary partition on the same drive at a time. If you plan to use these partitions for data, if it were me, I would put them in an extended partition.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You should be able to have up to 4 primary partitions and active/unhidden without problems if only one of the partition is the OS. I personally don't have any problems with my partitions set up that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.