Need Clone Help Please from a Pro?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Malice19, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malice19

Malice19 Registered Member

Have tried using 3 different programs to clone but am getting the same problem with all... :mad:

Norton Ghost 2003
    Norton Ghost 9
    Acronis True Image 8 Build 796

I have used all the above listed programmes to clone my Maxtor IDE drive onto my Seagate SATA drive,
    when the cloning had finished the PC rebooted and i got back into windows and it comes up as
    C: Maxtor
    and
    D: Seagate

Checked the D: drive and it has cloned the drive like it should and all ok...But
    when turning PC off and then disconnecting the Maxtor and leaving the Seagate it comes up with Error loading OS o_O

I tried to do windows repair on it and reinstall leaving current file system in tact. but still no joy :(

Also tried
    Fixboot
    FixMBR
    Fdisk /mbr

Does it matter that i cloned a IDE HDD onto a ATA HDD?

Any one have any ideas? As i think i have tried almost every think? :'(
    Would be very Grateful for any ideas and your Posts! ;)

Thanks Malice19

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Malice19

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Did you load the SATA drivers to the Maxtor before you Cloned to the Seagate?

Take much care with the use of your commands, first two will do no harm, the third one Fdisk /mbr deletes the MBR on a HDD.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. felipevidal

felipevidal Registered Member

Mailce19,

Is the partition you want to boot marked 'Active'? I don't have much experience with Acronis TI yet. Only bought it a couple days ago. I have run into non-booting systems when using Ghost 2003 due to the destination partition on the other drive not being marked as 'Active'. You should be able to do it with just about any partitioning tool.

Good Luck,
    -felipe

4. Malice19

Malice19 Registered Member

How can i go about loading SATA drivers to the Maxtor? ;)
    Thanks 4 the Welcome & all replies :D

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Malice19

You will not be able to boot the Seagate because you have deleted the MBR when you used the command Fdisk /mbr so please fix it first.

Boot from your OS CD>When you get to the insall screen choose>Rapair Installion useing the Recovery Console, Press R.

Press R>
    Then Type 1 [ONE]>
    Then Enter your Password the one that you installed with. [Administer]

Then at Windows> _
    [Dos Prompt] Type>
    FIXMBR>[You will get a warning current MBR is non-standard or something like that, Ignore it]then when it ask if you are sure>Type Y.>
    Press Enter.
    Type Exit and REBOOT.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.