need best free registery cleaner & fix ?????

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by yvesj, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you .well i just did check to run it ,then i did click off and there is no 3 icon any more ,maybe they show up only for the first time you double click on regseeker ,this is setle,now as long i dont {delete the red check mark am safe }is that rigth ,am going to save only that one because you explain it to really good ,am going to uninstall the 2 other one , now what about {regrescue from microsoft } it do not matter anyway i will stick with {regseeker }also am running this
    {superantispyware the pay version }
    {avg free 432 antivirus }
    {spywareblaster]
    {adaware.se }
    yvesj

2. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I am not aware of this 'regrescue' from M$ yvesj, but maybe someone else might comment on it.

Yes, the other programs you mention are all very good, but I am concerned about your AVG free antivirus being 432 , where did you get that from, or is it the 7.5 version which you have NOT updated for a while ?

My AVG free is the 7.5.441 version.

I hope you have a bit of good luck re. your registry.

Kind Regards.

3. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank i just did the registry cleaning with {regseeker } it fund 104 items ,but i did not see any green check mark ,is this normal ,let me know ,
    yvesj

4. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

well am sorry i use the wrong registry cleaner ,
    now i did a registry cleaning with {regseeker} and guees what it fund { 802 }idems ,now i did count all the green one one by one .and there is {664 green one }it took me a long time to count them one by one ,lol,
    now all i have to do is delete one {green one and the green one will be delete o_O?? let me know how to delete 664 , i hope i dont have to do it one by one ,
    yvesj

5. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you , sorry but you have the wrong i never saw {441 }
    mine is {AVG 75 FREE_432 A 861 } now the new one is not 861 it the 904 , so i guess you are not running the same antivirus as i do , mine scan automaticly every morning when i turn my pc on , and it upgrade easy ,and it not a trial ,it free for as long you need it , where i got it it from grismos well some like that if you use avg antispyware it a trial and you cant upgrade it ,so this why i have the { superantispyware professional or the pay version this the best you cant get ,
    yvesj

6. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

it me again , i did check it is 441 ,but the one am talking about 7.5 ,now if you want to go and check it out ,GO TO GOOGLE ,WRITE ,{AVG FREE ADVISOR }that will take you to the antivirus free adition ,you will see it the second row from the top left corner ,now you see what you get for free and what you get if you pay ,i did check mine and am still on 432 861, i do upgrade it every week ,and my check mark is green and it say am well protected so maybe it because i been having it for about 4 months now ,i dont know but all i know it free and it scan my pc every day ,
    yvesj

7. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

oky i when back on google and if you write {AVG ANTIVIRUS 7.5.432 ]now go to the 5 row to {softonic }this is what i have ,
    yvesj

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

LoL. Indeed. Forgot about that one. It pulls up an incredible amount of INVALIDS and i never had it mess up anything either. I always watch for "filetype unused" because i use a custom icons program that creates a new file type that you can use it to restore all those cool decorator pieces (ICONS), when the registry loses it's mind and forgets your settings; since it's microsoft, you can count on your handicraft being dismissed more than once. :mad:

9. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

yvesj,

This (SOFTONIC) might be where your problems came from, you really should not download anything from there.Site Advisor finds it very questionable.
    I still can't quite tell what you have but unless it's 7.5.441 then it's the wrong one.

The correct place to get AVG free is from Grisoft itself.
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/
    when you get to that page you must scroll down approx. 2-3 inches until
    you see, Anti-Virus free, it's Orange coloured, and click on it.
    Then scroll down the next page until you see the words,
    Dowload free Version and click on it.
    Now save that final page in your favourites.
    If you scroll down the page you will come to the proper version 7.5.441
    and that's the file to download from the maker's of AVG rather than these other very doubtful sources.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the Regseeker list - 664 GREEN ones, you LOL after counting them one by one, it's a wonder you were not COL (crying out loud).

With that many maybe your machine is trying to lie down and die.

I have never had more than 15 GREEN ones so I shall have to check the
    HELP file to find out how to KEEP the RED ones - DELETE the GREEN ones,
    but all of them rather than one by one as you say.

Maybe someone else here at Wilders knows already.

10. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

1. Go to the top GREEN listing, and highlight it by clicking.
    2. Go down to the last GREEN listing you want to delete and:
    3. Hold down the Shift+Alt keys as you click that listing.
    4. A range of highlighted listings should light up.
    5. Right-click in that range, and choose your option.

11. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you ,now as for {sofonic }i never never get my file from there ,it was only to show you what i Had ,i take all my file from [GRISOFTS } BUT IF YOU GOOGLE {AVG FREE ADVISOR }YOU WILL SEE THEM ALL THERE ,now as for {regseeker} yes it took me a wild to count them one by one ,am dumm all i ad to do is count the red one ,lol,now do you know how to delete all the green one all in one shot,oky now i do have a good one for you to answer ,now let say you do registry cleane up ,and you delete all the bad file ,now you are really filling good about it rigth ,BUT GUESS WHAT ALL THE FILEYOU JUST DELETE ARE ALL IN THERE WET ,they are in the{ back up sistem },so my point is you did not delete anything because they still there, but to different place lol ,it make you thing you pc is faster but or cant that be you never did delete nothing wet ,so thing about that one and let me know what you thing ,and try to find out HOW to delete mine , yvesj o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  12. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Does anyone know how many references there are in a typical registry ? my guess is that 664 is probably represents less than 0.00001% well a very small % anyway. Just as it is possible to become overly obsessed with security - often slowing down a perfectly healthy machine - it is possible to ruin a perfectly good registry simply by overcleaning.

13. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

do you mean not to bother with the {664}green files it is nothing bad in my pc o_O? ,no i will not going to cleane my pc now , i will wait for 2,3, months to do it o_O? , if my pc still running fine i will not bother with it ,i thing if i run my superantispyware profesionel , it will be okay for now ,i will run a check next week to see if i have more then 664 green files ,but will not delete any thing ,i will let you know ,in the mean time try to fine out how to delete all the green files all at onetime, i will tell you some thing the next time i will count the red one it will be faster because there is less red files,lol,
    yvesj

14. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thanks for that Jim.,

I shall keep the info. in case someone else has hundreds - with no help file for Regseeker did you figure it out via trial and error, or is this same method good in other than a Regseeker situation ?

I notice yvesj is still asking the question so he must not have noticed your
    post yet.

Kind Regards.

15. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

16. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you very much , got it know i will save this ,am all set for now ,thank you again for the help from you member very good
    yvesj

17. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Good point Long. but unfortunately you don't explain how to strike the balance re. the registry, between doing nothing, and maintaining it in good order, same re. security cover ?

18. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

A registry editor, backups and careful cleaning. Like looking for uninstalled software and deleting. The only reason i find to clean the registry. Are there other reasons?

19. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

You're welcome!

Figured it would work, and it did. ;)

Yes. It's a shortcut that works pretty much anywhere in a Windows environment. Great to purge a range of e-mail files, as well.

20. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I think you've got it in one, Someone.

Cheers.

21. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Cheers Jim.

22. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Sorry - I know I was being lazy.

Having played with a number of reg cleaners I have settled for Crap cleaner ( it sits in the recycle bin and has never caused me any harm), jv16 ( it was dangerous a few years ago but seems to have matured), TuneUp utilities 2007, and RegSeeker 1.52

Security - even more basic - Hardware firewall ( throw away the "free" modem ), Firefox with No script, Antivir and that's it. I ocassionally run and on demand and nothing of significance is found -- so I prefer to use my pc for work rather than for running hundreds of reg or security programs.

If one day I get infected or mess up the registry I will restore an Acronis system image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.