need best free registery cleaner & fix ?????

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by yvesj, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi i want to know the best registery fix or cleaner .and do i really need one to fix my computer .did try one yesterday and found over 800 some problem .but the fix i use only allowed to remove 50 of them .to me they only remove the less critical one .so what i need is one good one to use for at lease one free month free trial.then i will find one more for one more month .so on and so on .let me know .
    yvesjo_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ccleaner has a good registry cleaner.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Does RegCleaner show what it found, to choose what to clean and what to ignore?

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Isn't RegCleaner what RegSupreme is now?

6. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you .i cant not tell you any thing about {REGCLEANER}TO ME IT THE TOP WORST .OR NO GOOD I EVER GOT INTO IT .there is not even a scan button . i do have 5 downloaded so far .and guess what am stuck with it because i cant not even remove it from my pc .it do not show on .add&remove so am not able to uninstall the damm thing .now proprely i will have restore my pc one day back to get that thing out of there .nice going .what am trying to do here is try maybe 5 or 6 and choose the 2 best one and delete the other .i will remember that name .so advise is stay away from that one period .this is my point of vue
    yvesj:mad:

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

8. Long View

Long View Registered Member

9. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

nCleaner is another free system/registry cleaner. You can also try eusing's free registry cleaner, although it asks for a donation it is free to use.

10. atlantis

atlantis Registered Member

11. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I regularly use both of these myself AFTER first using CrapCleaner. Then use Erunt's reg optimizer NTRegOpt to shrink the base followed by a reboot for basic duties. I recommend them myself. LoL Good choices.

12. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I can't find one poor review re.,

www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

maybe someone else can.

The page looks as though it will do a Scan there and then.
    The ever reliable Snapfiles says RM has a free 30 day trial, but long term
    it would cost 30 bucks.

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

A good registry cleaner has minimum :
    1. a backup of registry, which is not always available
    2. removal of registries
    3. ignoring of registries, the most neglected feature in registry cleaners.
    4. undo ignoring of registries
    The majority of registry cleaners don't have the same selection options for ignoring, undo ignoring as for removal.

The scan result of EACH registry cleaner is DIFFERENT, because they are made by different programmers.
    Some registry cleaners will report a small quantity, while others report several hundreds.
    There is no safe registry cleaner, there is only safe usage of a registry cleaner and that is upto you.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Finding free reg cleaner to test is not that hard, but deciding which one is best fit for your system is very that hard. I would do this, step by step: First, find some freewares equipped w/ ignore list and restore(undo) options. Secondly, test one at a time for a period of timeframe(let say 2-3 weeks) to see any sign of troubles. If yes, undo all deletions and try another one, until you can narrow down to few, then to pick the best one or just keep them all (finalists). Registry is a very sensitive part, you have to treat it very carefully, one tiny mistake and lack of restore possibilties, your system may be cooked, well done. Be careful.

15. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you .it hapen to me today i cooked my pc .i had to restore 2 day back but that did not work .so i restore to one day back.then i had problem for about 1 hr .now it running fine .but before i restore it i was not even able to get my sympatico page any more really bad .so like you say it is very tricky to fix your registry .you really have to know what you are doing .that it for me .no more playing what stuff
    yvesj

16. acr1965

I have tried Registry Mechanic and would not spend $29.95 for it. At the same price Ace Utilities or System Tune-up is a much better product. I have tried both and there is no comparison. Plus Ace Utilities has a 30 day trial as well. If PC Tools runs their registry scans anything like their free spyware scans they will try to scare people into buying their product.

http://www.acelogix.com/systuneup.html

But if you want to give Registry Mechanic a try, go right ahead. Or you can download their 5.0 version which is now offered for free.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2164197/registry-mechanic50

But between free products, I think C-cleaner or the JV16 Powertools version 1.3 are better options than Registry Mechanic.

If you want a pretty safe way to clean your registry there is the free Windows Live OneCare. It will clean your registry, defragment and clean-up some junk files. Plus there is some virus/spyware scanning. I doubt if the Live OneCare is as thorough as some of the paid programs like Ace Utilities but it shouldn't deleat anything that could otherwise mess-up your system. So it might be a nice place to start.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm?mkt=en-US

17. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I Agree Perman,

I don't have XP, use only 'Regseeker' on my machine, but as you say,
    'with care', it has a check box to make backups of anything one might
    choose to Delete, so I keep it checked.I only Delete GREEN, and have in the past needed to right click and 'Merge' certain things back into the registry.

From Safe Mode I also use WinASO to defrag. the Reg. and have had no problems with either program, or the Reg., in years of using them.

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I feel compelled to jump out to defend registry mechanics, although I am not a big fan of PCTools. RM has never let me down since v.4, and I am using v.6, reliable and effective. I have long suspected that PCTools company is a so-called collective corporation; it compiles different OEM products from different sources and dress them with their own labels, that is why they have heavy variation of product qualities. RM appears to come from good source and w/ good genes, far superior to its other adopted siblings.:p Winaso is an excellent app. it just upgraded to v.3.0.5, I have it on my machine.

19. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thanks ACR.,

Reading of peoples experiences is all that can help us bypass such grubby tactics, but as you can appreciate, we would need more than one poor review to condemn RM, at least while there are very good reviews re. the product.
    So many times I read very poor reviews about particular products but then
    after searching here and there find very good reviews, makes one wonder
    if it's the same product.
    Then again there are certain products who too many people agree on for
    them to be anything but as good as the best in their field.
    There was a time when Toniarts own regcleaner was reputed to be the best
    in the business and free, but then JV16 free became the cat's whiskers, until it went commercial, and now there are dozens of possibles.

20. atlantis

atlantis Registered Member

21. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you . i did download regseeker i realy like it but the only problem is every time use use it you have 3 other icon showing on your desktop .then you have to delete them every time .
    now as { window liveonecare }are you sure is not going to delete any thing i need.let me know .because it take 3 hrs to download .this why am having problem with all of them .am not good enuff on computer to choose the file i have to scan.this is how i srews my computer yesterday , i did deleted file i need it .so now i do have {SMART.PC} {FREE.REGISTRY.FIX } {REGSEEKER }but i dont which file to scan wet them o_O? when you dont much about computer well it is really hard .
    yvesjo_O

22. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Attached Files:

• snap.png
      snap.png
      File size:
      287.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  23. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you .so all i have to do is scan the registry .do i have to oncheck some of the file .or i live every thing there .all i have to is scan every one of them.o_O??.if i have to oncheck some of them do you know the one .o_O??
    yvesjo_O

24. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

yvesj,

Earlier you mentioned that when you opened REGSEEKER you had three icons.

You should only have one, but I am wondering if all these programs you are downloading are beginning to fall over each other.

When you open Regseeker you will see down on the bottom left hand corner
    a checkbox, make sure it's checked before you attempt any Deleting.

Then you click on, 'Clean the Registry' and it will run through the registry
    before giving you a list in it's window - ONLY click on each GREEN item to light it up, then right click on it and you should see one on the menu which says, ' Delete selected Items', click it.

Try that first, but don't Delete RED ones until you have experience, just see if your machine runs better,worse, or the same, after the next restart.

25. acr1965

I don't think I could guarantee that nothing would go wrong. Certainly something could but that is with all programs that mess with your registry. But as far as programs I have used, Live OneCare has been the least aggressive on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.