Need an Online Armor expert

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SafeBrowser, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafeBrowser

SafeBrowser Registered Member

I am testing Online Armor++ to replace my current Internet Security software. I received a free 12-month package with updates.

My question involves the Web Sites settings in OA. In my current/soon to be previous software, I was able to block outgoing connections to domain names, IP address and IP address ranges.

I set-up a domain name in the OA Web Sites panel. Choosing either "Block" or "Not Trusted", I see that site on my outgoing router log. In my current Security software, that does not happen and I chose to and receive a pop-up that connection to that domain is blocked, and there is no indication of that web site on my outgoing router log.

Questions:
    1. Does OA have some way of disallowing out-going connections to domain names or IP addresses.
    2. If so, where and how do I set up those items?

Your help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Windows XP SP3 fully updated
    1.5G RAM
    Online Armor++ 4.0.0.15

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

3. sded

sded Registered Member

OA has made it a bit obscure, but if you go to the firewall/rules tab and right click on a rule and select "edit" you can get to a tab called "endpoint restrictions" that allows processes to be blocked from accessing IPs and IP ranges. Or you can make an "all" rule the same way that blocks all access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.